Who makes the best turbo chargers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What will help make my prelude alot faster of the start. When im in first and i gag it , its sluggish any ideas beside turbos?

Supercharger will giv u instant power off ur start, but doesnt get the top end power that turbo is capable of, it all depends on if ur a drag or a autox guy....

Originally posted by Integra1990@Dec 18 2002, 05:33 PM
Supercharger will giv u instant power off ur start, but doesnt get the top end power that turbo is capable of, it all depends on if ur a drag or a autox guy....

Not necessarily- it depends what supercharger youre talking about

and what size turbo and how well you are built. I know a guy who ported hisd turbo on his eclipse-- it makes full boost at idel.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 19 2002, 12:19 AM
and what size turbo and how well you are built. I know a guy who ported hisd turbo on his eclipse-- it makes full boost at idel.

Thats rediculous! Why would you port it that much. A friend of mine has a ported and clipped 10 degrees 16G on his 1st gen talon and its fully spooled at 2,500RPM's at 16psi. I don't think he makes full boost at idle. Have you seen his boost guage as he idles? It sounds like some :bs: to me bro!

Originally posted by 1fastprelude@Dec 19 2002, 08:54 AM
This has nothing to do with the topic but how do u put a thumbnail picture on the left hand side under ur name?

its called an avatar.. click on Your Control Panel under the blue box on the top left and then it will say Avatar on the side in there..

Getting back to the turbo questions...
What kind of turbo makes full boost at idle, or even close, like 2500 rpm? Porting the head can make that much of a difference? Also, where is the max power of that turbo set up that spools full @ idle at? Wouldn't it be a tiny power gain?

Domeskilla: I tired to load the avatar but it said I wasnt allowed to upload it off of a website , where do u upload them at?

save it to your computer
it must be 80x80 pixels or smaller and under 8KB

its the basic 1st gen eclipse turbo.... go to our turbo section and click the article about itsu sotck turbo sepcs...

You mentioned he ported the turbo to get it to spool at that low of an RPM, so Brian, I haven't heard that much on that before, could you be so kind as to explain that in more detail? (porting where on it, why it gives such a huge benefit, any downsides?)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 21 2002, 03:39 AM
its the basic 1st gen eclipse turbo.... go to our turbo section and click the article about itsu sotck turbo sepcs...

I'm stupid or something, I cant find the article, can somebody post a link or give directions? Thanx.

if you want instant power on a budget and dont care about your engine too much get nitrous, or if you have a big enough budget a turbo, you can try drag, or fmax those seem to be the best bang for the buck...... and get rid of the k&n bullshit stick to the included filter... and if you turbo it make sure you get a new head gasket, and dont run too high boost, and get new injectors while your at it :blink:

Back