Who wants to rally with me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the thing with the GPS is it tells you where you are.. not where you're going.

The directions will be vague. It will sometimes tell you "go down Harriet avenue for 3.2 miles, then take rt32 east for 4 traffic lights, turn right onto that road, follow it for 4 intersections, take right onto main and follow main until you hit a fork - bear right and take it to rt 2 north and ...."

So it's not gonna be definate. They may also require calculation - You'll have the ultimate amount of miles to travel, and you'll immediately calculate your average speed. But if you're behind a slow car you'll need to adjust. Some people take the penalty and go with a 3rd passenger just to make calculations.

Honestly, my years as a pizza boy should do me well. However, for this I'll prolly have my codriver visualize a route and give directions, and I'll do the math and maintain the speeds necessary.

Addendum:

It's also a weekend. So my dad may be around at a PC to give me proper directions. He gets my ass out of New York Shitty all the time using real time scrolling from Google. He's pinpointed me down to minute details using satellite over views and street markings. He and I help each other out immensely when we're lost.

its not a race. its meant to be travelled around the speed limits.

think of it as capture the flag..... with no flag.

its a strategy game.

gps won't help you there.... id highly recommend a co-pilot to read maps and do some math.

god...me and my friend have been wanting to do one of these for awhile..to bad we are not from CT..damn it!! lol

Bring a laptop with Streets & trips for more help. As soon as you get the route, start tracking it in streets and trips point by point.

man if I didn't have my daughters first b-day to attend to I'd be up for it.

fucking work :cry: guess who just got called in cuz stuff broke? yup. me. looks like i'm not going either :cry: i really wanted to go too :cry:

Back