Why are the domestic drivers posting???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

friz

Truth be known Hondas have a pretty good rep on the street. They know when they rev on a honda theres a good chance that it's built and will kick their ass. If a V8 beats my honda big deal...If I had a V8 and got my ass kicked by a CIVIC..!!!

If all hondas were so slow they would find another site to bag on.. :boxing:

ok, its no big deal if the v8 beats you, but you're a god if oyu beat them? It goes both ways. Someone who fixes up a car, and tries to be a "tuner", needs to stop crying like a fucking baby b/c they have 4 cylinders. You chose 4, we chose 8. IF you wanna be a tuner, learn that you want a race car and have to race other cars. It just so happens the v8's are more then likely going to beat your ass unless you're modifed enough to run low 13's/high 12's like the f-bodies/y-bodies and new cobras. That is what is most common at street races here. Tuners aren't,. they are all slow and loose and cry. The other imports are all riced out, there for watching.

There are very few real fast honda's. Everyone here is like "i have a boosted d16".. who gives a fuck, it still runs low 15's on stock boost if you're lucky.

Oh and there is a nice honda here.. hatch, boosted h22 and it still couldn't beat the stock cobra. Not sad, just proof that all these boosted ppl aren't as fast as they think they are. (some are yes)

Domestic ppl post here for many reasons. One of them is we know more aobut your honda then you most likely do. Who cares if we post here? Are you crying about it b/c you feel bad everytime we mention 16.0 in the 1/8 isn't fast?

The domestic guys are welcome to post here just like everyone else. If you don't like what they have to say don't read it. That being said, we have had an outbreak of Honda hating recently that I really don't understand. It even came close to catching me in it. Then I realized, I drive a Honda because Detroit does not put out a single car that I want to drive. Nothing. The Integra fit the bill perfectly. At the time I could not afford a Nissan or a Mitsubishi (I liked the Integra better than the Eclipse anyways) and Subaru hadn't released anything to the states that was exciting. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you are into domestics, that's great but this is a Honda board we don't give a shit if there are 23049809567320 F bodies that run 9's for every Honda that runs the same. The key here is we enjoy working on our Hondas. I may not speak for everyone, but IMO so what if your Mustang is faster. There will always be somebody faster. Always. I don't care if everyone around is faster than I am, I have enjoyed making my car perform the way it does. To some of us that is more important.

word, i could give a shit less about all the faster domestics.
im also tired of hearing about it

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 17 2003, 12:54 PM
The domestic guys are welcome to post here just like everyone else. If you don't like what they have to say don't read it. That being said, we have had an outbreak of Honda hating recently that I really don't understand. It even came close to catching me in it. Then I realized, I drive a Honda because Detroit does not put out a single car that I want to drive. Nothing. The Integra fit the bill perfectly. At the time I could not afford a Nissan or a Mitsubishi (I liked the Integra better than the Eclipse anyways) and Subaru hadn't released anything to the states that was exciting. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you are into domestics, that's great but this is a Honda board we don't give a shit if there are 23049809567320 F bodies that run 9's for every Honda that runs the same. The key here is we enjoy working on our Hondas. I may not speak for everyone, but IMO so what if your Mustang is faster. There will always be somebody faster. Always. I don't care if everyone around is faster than I am, I have enjoyed making my car perform the way it does. To some of us that is more important.

That's just it.. the hating isn't just "your fucking car is slow and a piece of shit".. its only hating on the cars in the kill sections and sometimes leaks to anything goes, tha thinks their car is the shit. Some ppl are too full of themselves and need to be brought back to reality.

I like honda's, but i also like speed and going fast and imo, a honda isn't for that. I have been there and learned. I liked the car, but i'll just a buy a BMW if i ant something fun to drive. Our 330ci is so much fun. Not the fastest, but def fun to drive and takes the corners like a bia.

ive had more fun driving my sol then any other car ive ever driven. i just like small cars and making them do things they werent meant to do

i would rather own a honda any day compared to a domestic..bottom line is honda is more high tech and domestics are boring..i care more about handling and overall performance than massive horespower..anyways the domestics doods know they got crap so they trying to speak up..lol

Originally posted by friz@Aug 17 2003, 10:52 AM
Truth be known Hondas have a pretty good rep on the street.

Uh, no they don't. Everyone thinks that Honda "performance" is about body kits, bullshit bling bling wheels, and LED exhaust tips. Even the Chevette guys laugh at Hondas. Especially Civics.

They know when they rev on a honda theres a good chance that it's built and will kick their ass.

No again. They know that if they rev on a Honda, they're going to win, and then the Honda driver is going to do a flyby and then go home and post on Hondaswap how his DX coupe with an intake beat an LS1 Camaro.

It's funny. I came on here because I tend to enjoy all makes/models/brands of cars. One day I might just own an S2000, some sort of Civic or Integra. but for right now, a used Civic is too damned expensive.

I drive a domestic, but I don't drive a V8. Well... The engine was built by Mazda...so in a way I'm driving an import...just like you guys...even though the engine was built in the US....just like most Hondas.

Confusing huh?

Why don't you want Domestic drivers posting in here? So you can tell your Honda buddies stories of how you ripped off a 12 second quarter mile and destroyed that brand new 03 SVT? I'm sure even if we weren't here someone would call BS on you anyway.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 17 2003, 01:31 PM
No again. They know that if they rev on a Honda, they're going to win, and then the Honda driver is going to do a flyby and then go home and post on Hondaswap how his DX coupe with an intake beat an LS1 Camaro.

:grumbles: we were beat by a civic, but it was completely built b18c1, boosted on 14lbs on a t4-60-1 .6X a/r and it was on the highway. So the s/c stops around 120 and it slowly goes faster. We had the civic till around 110 and the trubo spooled and he walked by us, but that just gives us more reason to build faster.

btw, the civic is putting down a supposive 320 to the wheels.

Originally posted by kingwilly@Aug 17 2003, 01:27 PM
i would rather own a honda any day compared to a domestic..bottom line is honda is more high tech and domestics are boring..i care more about handling and overall performance than massive horespower..anyways the domestics doods know they got crap so they trying to speak up..lol

got crap? hahah.. we have an old work truck back home, a 96 z71, with 230K miles on the 350, how many times has itbeen into the shop? once.. and that was b/c *i* blew the tranny in it power stalling it on 33 super swampers. But the truck still runs as strong as it did when new and nothign is falling apart, nothing is broke and i'm extremely hard on my shit. So dont be so that domestics are crap.

Honda is advanced in technology? its using a concept that is 50+ yrs old. Mercedes did the first variable timing ordeal and its the SAME thing now, just done with a computer instead of vaccum (im sure that is how they did it then) and EVERYONE uses the variable timing thing now. Even the ford focus has zetec, which i think is the same timing shit.

chevy's are still using pushrods and making excellent hp and good gas milage. The new cobra motor is just like a honda motor without the variable timing. DOHC setup.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 17 2003, 12:54 PM

word, i could give a shit less about all the faster domestics.
im also tired of hearing about it

:werd: :withstupid:

I don't know about you, but I'm a car person.
Not just an Import person.

I would rather drive an import, but I have an old domestic also (which I am selling).
I like to hear from people who drive other cars. But the meat of this site is honda performance (why i post here).

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Aug 17 2003, 01:41 PM
Even the ford focus has zetec, which i think is the same timing shit.

dude, zetec isnt anything. its a sales pitch by ford to get dumass ricers to think it will make the car faster. i think dohcvtec accord posted something on this a long time ago. it is nothing.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 17 2003, 01:57 PM

dude, zetec isnt anything. its a sales pitch by ford to get dumass ricers to think it will make the car faster. i think dohcvtec accord posted something on this a long time ago. it is nothing.

I worked at Ford for a while, and have taken a few ZETEC engines apart. I guess I'm a dumbass, because it sure looked like there was a mechanism in there to advance and retard the cam timing. But hey, since you're King Knowledge, you must be right.

did i say i knew? no. did i say i was king knowledge? no. i said it was what i remember from what dohcvtec accord posted a while back. he wrote to ford about it and that was the type of response he got (if he got any i dont remember). and if you worked for fords you should KNOW if there WAS or WASNT that type of mechanism, especially if you were taking the engines apart, not all this "i think" or "it looked like" bs. read the fucking post before you talk shit. ass.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Aug 17 2003, 07:07 PM
did i say i knew? no. did i say i was king knowledge? no. i said it was what i remember from what dohcvtec accord posted a while back. he wrote to ford about it and that was the type of response he got (if he got any i dont remember).

That's funny, you just believe every last tidbit of information you read on here? Ok I drive a 4 second funny car as my daily driver...only problem is I have to stop for gas every 5 seconds.

Are you sure he actually wrote to Ford or did he make something up and then posted it as fact on here? :blink:

im pretty sure he actually did it. dohcvtec accord is a mod on here and he wouldnt just post up bullshit like that. like i said it was a long time ago, maybe like 4-5 months, i dunno. i dont feel like trying to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back