Will b16a cp pistons fit in the b18c???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

hi, just a quick question for those who may know will the cp pistons that i bought for my b16a fit a b18c engine the spec of the pistons are 81.5mm and comp is 9.01(cp pistons number sc7001). Its because i decided on a achange of setup.
Im pretty sure that b series parts are interchangeable but im not sure about the pistons and will they give the same compresion etc??.
thx B)

as long as your bore's are the same. meaning the bore for the b18c is the same as the cp's. does htis make sense, cuase it doesnt make sense to me..

basically bore the b18c out to 81.5 and they'll work.,

Originally posted by brian11to1@May 15 2005, 08:46 PM
as long as your bore's are the same. meaning the bore for the b18c is the same as the cp's. does htis make sense, cuase it doesnt make sense to me..

basically bore the b18c out to 81.5 and they'll work.,
[post=499599]Quoted post[/post]​

haha :( confused me at first i had to read it back twice.

so i should just bore the b18c to 81.5mm and they will work. Will they give me the same compresssion etc?

thanks for your reply!

the compression depends on the head. im not entirely sure what it will be. do you know the piston dome volume in cc's? if you do you can use c-speed com calulator to determine an estimate of your CP. should be right around what the pistons are made for.

well if they are rated for 9:1 in a b16 then it will be higher in the b18c not only cause of the head but also because of the increased stroke the b18 has over the b16

if all that is correct then you will get like 10:1 in the b18c

Back