Will It Be Worth The Time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daddzdx

ss1987mn@hotmail.comI have an 89 civic dx 4 dr with about 170k on it. I am new to the compact seen(muscle cars were my thing but it amazed me what the honda will do) Anyway I can get an 86 crx si real cheap it did run but hasn't been fired up in a while. I was wanting to build a motor to put in my civic. Would this be a good candidate or would I just run into a real mess. I would appreciate any help. As far as b15 or b16 I have no idea. The civic is a 1.5 and th crx is a 1.8

no way man. that engine is :( compared to ur stock engine. ur CRX isnt a 1.8L, there is no such thing. eventhough there is rumours of a 1.8L CRX in turkey, but no where important( JOKING ). anyway, its worthless to put the old 1.6L in a 89 DX. ude b better off going for a ZC or stock 89 Si motor. and if the CRX is in good condition u might b better off doing it up.

I was told this was a 1.8. I have yet to see the car but he told me it was kinda rough. My civic is in perfect shape so what should I look for or can you do anything to a 1.5 :unsure:

Originally posted by daddzdx@Jan 15 2003, 06:51 AM
I was told this was a 1.8. I have yet to see the car but he told me it was kinda rough. My civic is in perfect shape so what should I look for or can you do anything to a 1.5 :unsure:

It's possible that another motor has already been swapped into the CRX.Pop the hood and see if it is DOHC if it is then it is either from another country or a swap.If it is a sohc it could still be a swap but not a 1.8.If the engine code is ew3 or ew4 then I wouldn't bother swapping it into your civic.As far as a swap into you car I'd say go the ever faithful b16a1.

86 crx si is an ew4 with 91 horse and 91 foot pounds.

decent motor- good tranny, but not a good motor for a swap.

Back