Will lowering my rear end throw off my rear toe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

The back of my car has been jacked up like a monster truck for too long. I really want to lower it back down, but I don't want to throw off my toe and burn up my tires really badly. Since they don't turn, it doesn't seem like changing the ride hight for the back tires would affect the toe at all. Or am I missing something?

(I know its in the wrong place, but no-one ever checks the suspension forum and I want a quick answer)

It shouldn't mess with the toe at all, but will affect the camber of the tire. Regardless after any suspension change you should have the car aligned.

well, i don't have adjustable camber so getting it aligned wouldn't do anything. I'm going to a DIY alignment seminar on Sat. throught the local autoX club, so hopefully I'll never have to pay for it again :)

lowering the rear could change rear toe by changing pressure on the toe settings. remember its just a bolt back there that slides so changing the angle could effect it. just get an alignment after you lower the car.

lowering will throw off the camber, and then adjusting the camber will change the toe. The car can have it's toe adjusted in the rear at the front of the rear trailing arms.

A change in caster will change camber. A change in camber will affect toe. A change in toe changes, well, toe.
So to answer your question-Yes, the toe will change.

Back