winter project complete!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

I had some extra money from my school loans, and decided to pick up a bike for the summer. The winner was a 92 CBR600F2 in good mechanical shape, and about 10k miles. Re-did the whole bike. If you know about sportbikes, you probably know it's a great 600cc bike for the money, especially for a first track bike or a stunt bike. Those who don't, probably would think it's alot newer than 92 :p

Before:

gallery_3199_79_8415.jpg

After:

gallery_3199_79_41833.jpg

Hopefully they aren't too big. I figured most of you are at 1024 or higher. By the way the new paint is a metallic grey from a Honda Civic, (98 I think). Not bad for a '92 eh?

Originally posted by ripperbone@May 2 2005, 02:14 PM
nice, how much you pick it up for?
I miss my old f2
[post=494060]Quoted post[/post]​

I think I gave the guy like 1,800 for it. He had just spent like 700 on a new rear tire and a ton of mechanical restoration. I decided it was probably worth about 1,500, and I split the 700 with him to go for 1,800

i want one so bad...nice catch

looks good but boring without all the stickers.

probably doesnt go as fast as it did before, either.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 2 2005, 02:37 PM
looks good but boring without all the stickers.

probably doesnt go as fast as it did before, either.
[post=494069]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I am debating a silver/black decal kit for it. I was hoping polishing the pipe would make up for the lost HP, but I'm not sure it was effective yet.

i hope it does, but since you already know that stickers give you WAY more horsepower than bolt ons do, i wont lecture you. ;)

damn dude

talk about stocker to a rocker

thats very well done

looks a little plain to me, i think it could use a decal kit...

but either way i think you did an excellent job...
excellent...

Originally posted by noobvang@May 2 2005, 05:48 PM
Niceeee!

Just pick'd up a 98 R1 today. YAY!

How much did the paint job cost ya.
[post=494136]Quoted post[/post]​

Paint was done by one of my father's good friends. He's the man. The best part is I got it done for materials only because he owed my dad a favor. 300 something bucks I think it was. I had to do a bunch of the prep work though. I think he said if it was a normal job it would have been between 1 and 2 thousand.

1k-2k for a paint job on a Bike? Daum!!!

I change my mind......

leave it like that, and rebuild the engine or swap it....but please no stickers...it looks fresh and so clean

fuck stickers....get some air brushing done. speaking of painting, did you paint/powdercoat any engine pieces? that would look killer. perhaps maybe some chrome plating would look badass too. just a thought :)

Dude it looks great. DONT TOUCH IT.

just ride the F out of it.

yeah, i'm with everyone else

looks fucking SICK dude- If i saw that on the street I would def. think it was a much newer bike

fuck yeah :)

nice work
its hot. maybe just a honda wing and 600f2 decal on the tail.

you know that or a big Type-AARRRGGHHHH badge. with some indiglow honda logos. LOL J/K.

i wish i had the nuts to get a bike :(

Originally posted by formby@May 2 2005, 06:12 PM
leave it like that, and rebuild the engine or swap it....but please no stickers...it looks fresh and so clean
[post=494142]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I was considering it. the CBR600F3 engines bolt directly in, and you can get those up to like a 98' I think. You can also put the 900 range motor in there with some help.

Back