wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slugbug67

I picked up a d16z6 with the wiring harness and ecu, the ecu says that its a 96 non vtec but was told the motor is a vtec am putting it in a 1990 honda civic, can someone help me please it would be great

the ecu you have is a p06 if its non vtec.... the vtec hardware can be added, and the ecu can be chipped for around 40-50 bucks for the cost of the hardware.... once you add vtec, then it becomes a p28... use crome, or some other editing program to put the correct map on it for your motor setup.... plenty of tutorials on pgmfi.org, or moates.com or xerocron.com

tps

my tps is not getting power and was working before I put the new motor in. it is a 95 accord vtec I still have obd1 on it and I swapped from a f22b1 to a f23a1. and I also do not have over drive and d4 is giving a code 3. can anyone help.

my tps is not getting power and was working before I put the new motor in. it is a 95 accord vtec I still have obd1 on it and I swapped from a f22b1 to a f23a1. and I also do not have over drive and d4 is giving a code 3. can anyone help.

pull out automatic, scrap it, put in 5 speed, make your own thread

I picked up a d16z6 with the wiring harness and ecu, the ecu says that its a 96 non vtec but was told the motor is a vtec am putting it in a 1990 honda civic, can someone help me please it would be great

get a p28 for the z6, and your a obd0 non-vtec chassis switching to a obd1 vtec motor, and if you have a dx, its dpfi harness, if soo you will need too mpfi swap it, and wire for obd1 or get jumper harness and wire for vtec, p06 is the stock si ecu 88-91

well the thing is that it is factory vtec it is an ex but the transmission problem jus happened when I pulled the motor and I cant find anywhere to get transmission codes. I also need to know where my tps gets it ground from.

I have found a broke wire on the tps and corrected the problem so don't need help.

Back