Wrong Oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Honda makes great engines, no doubt. But why do they have to put the oil filter between the axles and intake manifold??? It took me a good half hour to replace that bad bitch!! :lol: Anyway, only 10 mins. left before sunset and i had to hurry and i just dumped in 10w-40 on accident! :blink: is that okay?? well it fuck up my motor? i kno its thicker and will make my car slower, but is it okay?? i kno honda recommends 5w-30 but i just 10w30 because it gets 110+ degrees here in cali.. anyway, anybody that knows nething please respond asap. thanks a whole bunch guys. later

what about this:
Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts.
my friend got it from somewhere.

its warm out ... if this was winter id be a LITTLE concerned .... but seeing as the weather is warm its not like the oil is going to sludge up.... run it through to the next oil change or just change it out again when you can ... its not going to kill your car

Yup, trust your fellow hondaswap.com honda enthusuist, it's OK, no worrys at all. It's like putting the strawberry air scent in your ride instead of the new car smell, yup, what will your buddies think of you know :ghey:

Milan

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 14 2003, 10:37 AM
i used to run 10w40 all the time...

So do I,and I am in Germany,where it gets hot about as often as San Diego freezes.

Back