y8 turbo selection help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi94

tryin build a kit for my 98 ex coupe. i want 13s on a stock motor and hopefully, hopefully hit low 13s-high 12s on a build motor and all. i wanted a t3 .42/.48 but then started lookin at the t3/t4e 50 trim .48 or should i roll with the 46 trim if thats too big especially for a stock motor?please hit me up, i already have some parts for my kit but turbo is still undecided and need a boosted dseries advice. i really wanted the t3 super 60 .48 but dunno and settle with the t3/t4 50/48 or 46/48 and i will run uberdata

if you got the cash, the GT28RS has your name all over it.

if not, the t3 super 60 would be a good choice i think.

I have the t03/04e .48 on my d16y8. It has a lot of top end power on my car it dynoed at 220 hp 200wtq at 10 psi but it takes a little longer to spool up. For me it works out well since my car is a daily driver if I dont want to boost it during normal driving I just drive normal which saves me gas and is easier on my motor, but when I want to get on it has a pretty good kick.

the 28rs is expensive.. its like 1200 bucks... but its a banging turbo, and it would be the one i used if i boosted a d-series.
its basically a t25/t3 hybrid turbo with a ball bearing center section, but a huge a/r. i believe its in the .8x range.

so, it has stupid fast spool, but with the high a/r it has power potential. it will easy take a d-series to 300 whp if the motor could handel it.

:werd:

you might find one for a little less than 1200, but that's the general area- It's a lot of money for a turbo, but it will absolutely transform your car

I'm personally (money permitting) going to run one on my ca18 in the nissan :p despite the money issue

Back