Ys1 Tranny Info?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bossman032

I have a YS1 Tranny I got the Engine From Japan with Cable Tranny!!

I was wondering If I can tell If its JDM GSR Tranny 92-93?
Does USA Have tranny Sticker Marked YS1?
Or this is a LS/GS/Special Edition Tranny Marked YS1?

Aslo I heard YS1 GSR Tranny Are Best Ones 92-93 GSR WHY!!!

Help me out guys.. :worthy:

there's really no why to tell what tranny it is without taking it apart... and then from there, i wouldn't even know what to tell you as to how to tell. the tranny marked "YS1" came in both the '92-'93 integra gsr as well as the '90-'93 integra ls/gs/rs and there is really no way to tell which tranny you got other than just assuming that it's the right tranny that was supposed to come with the engine you bought. and you probably herd that the YS1 GSR tranny was the best cuz it is very rare and has decent gears (same as a b16 tranny) for an all motor app.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 24 2003, 11:34 PM
there's really no why to tell what tranny it is without taking it apart... and then from there, i wouldn't even know what to tell you as to how to tell. the tranny marked "YS1" came in both the '92-'93 integra gsr as well as the '90-'93 integra ls/gs/rs and there is really no way to tell which tranny you got other than just assuming that it's the right tranny that was supposed to come with the engine you bought. and you probably herd that the YS1 GSR tranny was the best cuz it is very rare and has decent gears (same as a b16 tranny) for an all motor app.

I thought the USA Tranny GS/LS/RS Are Marked As YS1/S1?

Someone knows Post It Don't Be a B*i :p

Originally posted by bossman032+Jan 25 2003, 02:28 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Jan 24 2003, 11:34 PM

I thought the USA Tranny GS/LS/RS Are Marked As YS1/S1?

Someone knows Post It Don't Be a B*i :p

i'm not sure, i was just trusting the hondaswap b-series trannys article.

Originally posted by HenryOng074@Jan 28 2003, 01:17 PM
Yes, usdm has a ys1, it is out of 90 - 93 integra non-gsr, i think the gsr has the s1 in it

How about the JDM YS1 Tranny?

I think mine is a JDM!!! :rolleyes:

the problem is that they are all lableed pretty much the same shit.
you gotta go by what it is out of and the serial number more than the code.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 1 2003, 12:26 PM
the problem is that they are all lableed pretty much the same shit.
you gotta go by what it is out of and the serial number more than the code.

fucken gay shit..sucks

:sleep:

Yeah, the JDM YS1 tranny has LSD on it so just check for that.

i want to know if the gears are the same a hydro ls gears cuz i got a ys1 in my rex and it bogs 3rd cuz of the tranny! and its a ys1 and i had a 92 gsr ys1 and it was way better!!!!!!!!

i nominate this to be in he running for oldest thread returned from the dead!

Ys1 gsr has short gears at 5 doing 80 my rpm is at 4,400

this thread is older than hell

but it sounds like you have a 4.785 final drive

Back