Z10 Traction Bar?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you autoXed your sol once i was there and a couple seconds faster with the almost exact same car remember? yeah so i'm out . . . . peace :p

we were damn close until you did that dollar run at the end and got a killer time.
but both of us were held back due to shitty tires.

and even if it was only once that i've autoX'ed, you know that i know how to drive y0!

i was looking at the jimfab bars and they need to be welded in, which isnt a big problem but the question is how streetable are they cause im only at the track for 10% if the time with the car. also do you think ground clearance will be a problem since my header is like 2 inches or so off the ground and the apexi coilovers are only down about an inch or so.

Originally posted by ek9r@Mar 19 2003, 11:37 PM
i was looking at the jimfab bars and they need to be welded in...

Where do they need welding,the pics look bolt in to me
92cm3.jpg

92cm2.jpg

far superior in every possible way... let's see you throw a cooler in your back seat for a road trip lol... or we could just strap a stock prelude vtec on the dyno next to a stock del sol vtec, deal?

jim fab needs no welding and as it states on the site the are streetable
and can be used safley only the 89-91 civic/crx bars are not recomended for the street
so in your car you would bolt them in and be ready to go with ease

The Jim Fab bars are great- I'll be getting a set in the near future to replace my Z10s because I'm just like that... but I haven't had any binding problems with the Z10 bars for over a year, and that's even with some pretty heavy duty cornering on tracks too. I would recommend either set, but looking comparing the two, the Jim Fabs are engineered a little better.

btw... "horsepower isnt everything dude"... coming from the same person selling their "far superior" del slow for a hatch which he plans to get 600hp out of... yea, ok. :rolleyes:

Z-10 bars are a tad expensive. And on top of that they want way more for them in chromoly. Almost a G for the CRX ones in chromoly. And Jim offers his standard in chromoly. And as for the Jim Fab Unit being "Not recommended for street use". You'll find that the Z-10's are "Off Road Use Only" Just click on the "Installation Info" button on their site and look under "Disclaimer of Warranty" <_< . Jim Fab unit is the way to go. He is great person to deal with as well. Here's a Picture of mine :D

fc98582b.jpg

Originally posted by RoadRage@Apr 19 2003, 07:04 PM
Z-10 bars are a tad expensive. And on top of that they want way more for them in chromoly. Almost a G for the CRX ones in chromoly. And Jim offers his standard in chromoly. And as for the Jim Fab Unit being "Not recommended for street use". You'll find that the Z-10's are "Off Road Use Only" Just click on the "Installation Info" button on their site and look under "Disclaimer of Warranty" <_< . Jim Fab unit is the way to go. He is great person to deal with as well. Here's a Picture of mine :D

fc98582b.jpg

dude how did you get it black like that? can you buy it like that? i thought you could only get it in that "just made" look. and i want to get one for my crx but i am worried about them being "not recommended for street use". someone please clear this up. ill ask straight up, is it ok to have these jimfab bars on a daily driven crx? on another note, will i have any clearance problems with my b18c engine that is swapped in? the only place m a litle worried about is where the oil pan is. thanks.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Apr 19 2003, 07:17 PM-->
@Apr 19 2003, 07:04 PM
Z-10 bars are a tad expensive. And on top of that they want way more for them in chromoly. Almost a G for the CRX ones in chromoly. And Jim offers his standard in chromoly. And as for the Jim Fab Unit being "Not recommended for street use". You'll find that the Z-10's are "Off Road Use Only" Just click on the "Installation Info" button on their site and look under "Disclaimer of Warranty" <_< .  Jim Fab unit is the way to go. He is great person to deal with as well. Here's a Picture of mine :D

fc98582b.jpg

dude how did you get it black like that? can you buy it like that? i thought you could only get it in that "just made" look. and i want to get one for my crx but i am worried about them being "not recommended for street use". someone please clear this up. ill ask straight up, is it ok to have these jimfab bars on a daily driven crx? on another note, will i have any clearance problems with my b18c engine that is swapped in? the only place m a litle worried about is where the oil pan is. thanks.

As for them coming in black like that. Yes, that's how they come (powder coated). As for them not be recommend for street use. You show some after market traction bars for a Honda that are DOT approved. I think a lot of stuff is like that. I bought some Fal windows for my CRX and they were the same way. I sure that's just a liability thing.
fc4fab6e.jpg

As for clearance problems, That's a B18A w/Hasport mounts that is in my car. So maybe you can get an idea from looking at that picture for clearance issues. And that's my daily driver.

Back