zc motor into 4 dr EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude182

so within the next month or so I'm getting an 89 acura integra with a zc motor and at the same time im getting an 89 4dr EF and i was wondering what kind of problems i might encounter during this swap. do i have to use the ecu from the zc? and should it be a direct drop in? if so im gonna be fuckin stoked! just a little project to make me a little bit of money or just drive around.

In that case, it should just drop in fine. What trim is your Civic?

dx i believe, we shaved the emblems off a while ago. it had a d16 in it but it blew up lol. so were putting something we already have into it and praying for alot more power lol.

dx i believe, we shaved the emblems off a while ago. it had a d16 in it but it blew up lol. so were putting something we already have into it and praying for alot more power lol.

ZC in your 4door should pull low 10's in the 1/8 mile..... convert it to obd1 and run a chipped P06 and it might do better

ZC in your 4door should pull low 10's in the 1/8 mile..... convert it to obd1 and run a chipped P06 and it might do better

I got as far as low 10's and almost choked:eek:, then I saw 1/8th mile.

I have a Z6(about the same HP) in my 4 door and it's pretty snappy, and still pulls 40mpg on the highway^_^.

the ZC should sound alot nicer though with the 2 cams, growly.

Back