1988 civi h/b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GHeTTo Joe

ok i know ill prob get sh*t for this but i am very new to this whole engine swap and i'm getting very curious on what is the easiest. what is the cheapest. what is the most power full. engine swap i can do for my 1988 1.5l 5speed civic hatchback. i'd like to have a min. of 130hp i appreciate any and all information.
thanks, joe.

i would say 1-2k but what i am really looking for is what engines would work best easiest most power and cheapest

well with that price range the fastest will be a turbo d15b, also it would be the easiest. next easiest will be the b series motors they will all go in the same, but stay away from the prelude b series there way diffrent. to get a b16 in the crx it will take about 1200-1500 bucks, for the sir 1 b16a for the sir2 b16a it will take a little more money.but down the road if your gona build the motor up i would get the b16 a

ok so you say the cheapest would be turbo my stock motor? any idea on what a turbo would add for power? where would you recomend getting a b16a motor?

do they come with a tranny is that what this is...Cable Tranny (Y1, S1, J1). do you get to pick which? and what is a LSD tranny?

yes they come with and without trannys. and yes the crx is a cable tranny so stick with that, you wont lsd if you have the money limited slip

tell them what car you have and what motor you wont and they can sell you motor mounts linkage axles and everything to make it work

yes with help from new motor mounts

it is trust me my very first swap ever was a h22a in a 96 hatch, and i done it all by myself, now that was a little tricky but not that bad.i mean the b series came in a 88 hatch over seas so its perty forward

just curious whats the most powerfull motor naturally aspirated i could put in

k20a. with that in there stock catconverter and air box it will walk the shit out of a ws6-ls1 camaro

Back