1988 crx build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok so far this is what I have.

1.ECU jumper harness OBD0 to OBD1
2.A harness from a 1988 CRX that has been converted 2 MPFI

So I should be able to use that other harness sense its been converted to MPFI correct? Then all i'd have to do is wire vtec and other sensors?

You dont technically need a 4 wire O2, if you get a chipped ECU it can be disabled... along with a lot of other sensors like the Knock Sensor and shit.

Just wondering if I can use the harness from the DX thats been converted to MPFI. or if i still need to find a D16a6 harness.

alight so I have the harness from the DX in front of me. First thing ive noticed is my 88 SI Driver side connector is a 6 pin and the DX engine harness has a 8 pin round. I did a little research and found I could swap over the connectors so I depinned and matched the colors.

From what ive read there is 2 wires that arent needed. Only problem is the 6 pin car side connector has 1 yellow wire and the 8 pin engine harness has 2 yellow wires which one do I use? Also has a white wire that the 6 pin doesnt have.

Do I not use the white wire and only use the yellow wire that goes to the injector? The other yellow wire goes to some 3 pin clip. That has yellow wire a green and white wire and the third wire i cant make out I think its white.

Alright i am doing this swap tomorrow.

This is what I got.

1.D16Z6(complete)
2.OBD0 injectors(just in case)
3.OBD 1 Dizzy
4.OBD0-OBD1 jumper harness
5.D16A6 HARNESS
6.P28
7. 4 wire O2 sensor

Is that every thing i'll need to swap over??? Besides wiring all the wires and shit?

well would have been done already but i cut top of my finger to the bone on the flywheel. nothing a little super glue cant fix tho.

First, dont thread jack. Gotta a swap or technical question use the forums and make a thread.

A D17 swap is not worth the trouble. It mounts completely backwards (like a K series does) and if I'm not mistaken nothing is interchangeable in the D family.

Back