1992 Integra Build from Nothing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cparker

I had just picked up a 1992 Integra Non VTEC. I am looking to set the car up for a rediculous amount of power. The Honda and Acura scene here is huge and some are hit levels of 350 - 400 hp. But of course people with that type of set up and money invested into there car don't talk or give any advice about there setups. So I am turning to you guys to give me some guidence. I am looking for the 350 - 400 + range and I have no idea where to start. The motor of choice that I have heard is a K20A Hybrid and I really don't want to spend 10 - 13K on the engine swap it self.
So what are my other options. I am a starter in the honda world so I am out of the loop on these things. I came from the rotary side of things and thought it is worth a shot.
So down to it.
1. What motor to use or what combination?
2. What internals to use?
3. What ECU and controllers?

Forced induction I will worry about later. I need a motor and need to make it bullet proof. Thats where I need your guys help. Any advice you can bring to the table will be greatly appriciated. So I figure that is a pretty good place to start. I will be posting pics of my progress.

If you want that kind of power (350-400hp), you'll need forced induction.

Basics.. Get a good block, have the block checked and sleeved, balance the crank. Get some decent rods and pistons, turbo cams, Bigger valves if you can afford it, upgrade the valve springs.. and a freakin' big turbo. B18s are fun. H22 would make more bang for your buck though.

Stay away from "ebay brands" and use a good machinist and you'll be fine.

well, you can get those numbers out of just about any engine. I don't think there is a single person here on hondaswap that actually owns a 400hp honda.

it's too hard to tell someone the perfect recipe. you seem to know what you want to get and what you need as far as internals and good tune. now it's just up to personal preference on the specific parts.

see that's the thing though. I don't have a personal preferance on motors cause I have never had a honda before. I got a 1993 RX7 with a LS6 swap for drifting but hondas I have no idea what I am doing. Is a GSR a good choice or a H22 or Type R motor. I have no Idea.

Last edited:
well you want to go fast you have the right idea get it turbo ready first and then go fo it.

whatever you do good luck

Back