1994 integra ls, swap with b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Licensetochill

I have a 1994 integra ls with 144,000 miles. I'm looking to swap the engine with a b18c but since I don't know anything about cars I don't know which one I need to buy. On www.hmotorsonline.com they have both the "B18C 94-95 (GSR) Motor, Tranny, ECU" for $2899 and the "B18C 94-95 (GSR) Long Block" for $1799. If I just get the long block what else am I going to need? I have never done a swap before and I'm not a car guy, but I am good at figuring things out, you think I can figure this out on my own?

complete swap comes with:

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
- ECU (P72)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

long block comes with:

- Motor
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Injectors
- Fuel Rail
- Throttle body
- Alternator
- Distributor

motor, tranny, ECU comes with:

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
- ECU (P72)
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

you do the math

Gee thanks, I saw that. Now what I need to know is what will work from the b18b I have in there right now. Do I need a full swap or what?

You could do just the long block and ecu, but I'd get a tranny too. The ls has long gears and you'll get much better acceleration with a gsr tranny. So if you get the motor, ecu, tranny package you'll have everything that you need. Just make sure that what you get is OBD1, it will be much easier to wire.

However, you should probably take it to a shop that is experienced in motor swaps. With no previous car knowledge it will probably take you a really long time and you could very easily mess something up. If you do decide to try it yourself, make sure to get a factory manual and be prepared for a HUGE headache.

Yeah, I have a manual on the way, the shop I asked said they'd charge $1200 in labor to do the swap. I'll check if I can find something better.

where are you located???i can get the motor dropped in for you for a lot less than $1200... get the JDM b18c1 GSR complete change over get OBD1 with the LSD tranny...you can program obd1 ecu's way easier than obd2 (if you get a complete change over you get parts with less mileage instead of reusing parts with 144,000 miles on them may cost a bit more but, its worth it)

Back