1996 Integra Build (B18B1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The item in the first picture looks like an injector resistor box

yep. only needed if you are running peak/hold injectors.
the stock injectors for obd1 b-series are saturated and do not need it.

New problem, the crank pulley sensor (magnetized thing) from the old block is not fitting on the new one. Assuming the original block was the 1996 LS block that came with the vehicle, I was wondering if per chance there was a different in the block years. The main issue seems to be there not being two holes for the bracket. Hopefully these pictures will help
This picture is what it SHOULD look like...
openface1.jpg

And this is what I'm dealing with
20151027_122309.jpg

My brother did some digging and found out my motor has a JDM oil pump. I'm not sure that means it's a JDM block (dear god I'd hope so, that'd be sweet) but it IS at least a JDM pump which does NOT have a sensor. Along with the chipped OBD1 ECU I'm running I'm thinking this won't be an issue. This entire build has made me fall in love with Honda. It's like legos for real cars lol.

It should start up tonight, I need to find a diagram of where all my ground wires are located. because that's the last thing I need to hook up besides the ECU. I'll record a small startup video for sure.

So i was thinking, I want it a little low and it has coilovers and springs as it is, but right now it has 15s. I'm wondering if 16s would be any better for performance but I also wonder if that would make fitment an issue,does anyone have experience with lowering an integra on 16s?

16s are tough to find tires in a proper size. not a lot of 205/45/16s. you're better off, price wise especially, with going 15 or 17

No experience lowering an Integra on 16 inch wheels, but my Civic was lowered on 16 inch Motegi MR7s for a short while. The tires rubbed and I hated the way the car looked. Not to mention the short sidewalls made the ride feel rough.

I went to a set of Fat Fives with a 50 series tire and never looked back.

there's no reason why 16s would rub if you have the correct offset. i had 16x7 + 42 on my volks 205/45/16 p-zero's.
i was low as hell and had no rubbing or camber kit
29492_402738380605_829386_n.jpg

:rice:

That Del Sol looks really good! There's a bone stock blue one that looks just like that with a little bit of body damage in my town thats been sitting for at least a year at some guys house and it tortures me every time I drive by.

So I got all my ground wires hooked up (had to make 3 of them because they were snipped off the harness) and got my ecu hooked up, went to put oil in it and where my dad tapped the pan has a leak so no start up yet. But it is close. Also the radio in the Exploder stopped working so I gotta get that checked out because I need driving music in my life.

So where we tapped the oil pan has a leak otherwise it would have started up. However I charged the battery and got my ground wires hooked up, I was missing a bolt for the alternator base so we ordered that as well. Should be here Monday.
But the big news and kind of consolation prize for me is that the electronics are working. And I can shift the transmission which is fun haha.
unnamed.jpg

The moment the engine runs is the moment you should get full coverage. A yellow integra screams "STEAL ME!!!".

@get_nick Absolutely. I follow a lot of Honda pages on Instagram and the amount of "stolen" posts kinda makes me sick. Yet another reason to make the next project an old Celica nobody would want one of those

@get_nick Absolutely. I follow a lot of Honda pages on Instagram and the amount of "stolen" posts kinda makes me sick. Yet another reason to make the next project an old Celica nobody would want one of those
Hah! people steal those because they are old and easy to steal. It always seems like someone has a target because it's wanted for parts or wanted for a meth head to take a joy ride.

While you'll never get your blood, sweat, and tears back from the build, at least you can recoup your money invested.

you should put a sitcker on the drivers door.
"look at the 4 lug wheels, it's not a type r. dont steal me plz"

you should put a sitcker on the drivers door.
"look at the 4 lug wheels, it's not a type r. dont steal me plz"
When my honda got stolen, it had a 1.5 non-vtec in it. i think the guys who stole it were so pissed they just damaged it and keyed "fu-q" in the hood. then beat it with a hammer. lol

Back