1997 civic lx wanting to swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

Ok all i have a 97 civic lx with a d16 motor in it, i am ready to do a swap on it and i am shopping and i see these cable tranny's and i am hearing nothing but bad news on how the cables pop out. so the question i have for all is if i buy my b16 motor can i use the hydraulic tranny that i have in my car now? or do i need to use the cable tranny? please help me out all thank you :worthy:

your D-series tranny will not bolt up to your B-series swap. You can get a hydraulic tranny with y our swap instead of a cable tranny. You don't have to use a cable for your swap.

you pretty much have to use a hydro b-series tranny.

if you wanna be cheap and dumb, get an ls tranny for $400. or if you want a kick ass tranny, shell out a g or so and get an itr.

lsd=fuckin awesome.

well if i get a cable tranny can i turn it into a shaft? also i hear alot about the cable snapping is that true? let me know please :worthy:

no its not.

there are 2 types of transmissions: cable or hydraulic. cable transmissions have an actual cable that runs from the clutch pedal to the clutch fork. hydraulic transmissions have a hydraulic line that runs from the pedal to the master cylinder.

however, there are 2 types of SHIFT LINKAGES: cable or solid. cable linkages are found in preludes, while civics/integras have solid shift linkages.

no b16 ever had cable shift linkages. pre-92 b16's had cable transmissions. post-92 b16's had hydraulic transmissions.

duh.

EF8/9 = 88-91
DA6 = 90-93

look on the head, on the front (header side) on the top-left right above runner #4. there'll be a li'l circle kinda thingie with a number in it. that's your year. it'll say the last 2 digits of the year (i.e. "90", "89", etc)

which tranny's can i by if i buy a b16a1 and i want change my tranny later on to hydro or do i need to keep it cable? or does anyone know where i can get a b16 with a hydro for around 2 thousand? :D

your car is hydro.

going to a cable would not only be an uber pain in the ass, IMO, its a leser design.

you will need a b-series hydrolic, preferrably obd2 b16a

what kind of tranny does Honda Civic EF9/EF8/DA6 B16A Front Clip. have?

ok if i by a b16 from 88-91 can i buy a hydro tranny from a 92 b16 will it line up?

:withstupid:

by the time you nickel and dime the shit together you will have spent more than it would have cost for the correct engine to begin with

I thought he said there was a transexual in his car. DOn't be a fucktard. Listen to these guys they know their shit. They will flame you if you reply with "I got the cable tranny anyways so what to do?"

Back