#2 injector stuck open?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tobias

I cant figure out why my #2 injector is staying open and filling the cylider with fuel:mad:

Its a b17a into a 88 crx dx.
I have done all wiring conversion for the mpfi.
I'm using obd1 injectors and p28 ecu.

I've check through the wiring a 2nd and 3rd time to make sure its all correct which it seems to be.
I have moved the injector to another cylider and it was fine so it seem to be a problem specific to that cylinder.
I have also tried to rewire the injector but its the same thing everytime.

any help would be appretiated
thanks

sounds like the wire going from that injector clip to the ecu is getting grounded at some point along the way. which would cause it to make whatever injector you put in that clip constantly dump fuel.

I have checked the wiring for the injector again and it seems fine, i dont know if theres another way it could be grounding out? Is there something else that could be causing this to happen?

so you moved the injector that was originally in #2 cylinder and with the next injector it still was filling #2 cylinder?
If that's true then it is either your wiring or your ecu.
If you have a friend with a P28 you can barrow throw that baby in there and see if the problem goes away, if it does then you need an ECU my friend. If that doesn't fix your problem run jumper wires to bypass your wiring to that injector and see if the problem goes away, then you know if it's in the wiring for sure.

Yes i did swith the injector, even the injector plug itself.

It turns out my problem is bigger than just the one injector. I unpluugged the #2 injecter and and the car KOEO and the intake manifold filled with fuel. I take this means the injectors are staying open and dumping fuel.

I did recheck the wiring, its all okay minus the crank wires i had reversed at the ECU (the orange and white ones at B12 and B10)so i fixed that but the problem still exists.Ive done some searching and cant seem to find a diffinitive answer as to whats happening.

Has anyone had this happen or heard of this happening??

Back