2000 civic hx d16y5 with a volvo td04hl turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondad16

ok so i have a d16y5 vtec e model with a volvo v70 turbo, vovlo 315cc injectors and a 2.5 inch full turbo back exhaust ive searched and searched I am running a piggy back now i want to switch to obd1 p28 i need a base map. I see some people have had base maps burned for a turbo d16y5 on a p28 and get great gas and power. any suggestions on getting a basemap?

Xenocron has a ton of basemaps, as does PGMFI.org.

You will not get great gas mileage or power on a basemap. You need to have your car tuned for your specific setup. I would not recommend driving for extended periods of time on a basemap without knowing what your A/F ratio looks like.

Ok tyhanks i have a wideband i just need a basemap so i can drive it 5 hours to a dyno tuner its chipped just i dont have anything to tune it with here just something to monitor it with thanks

If the drive is 5 hours, I'd try and find a map that is going to run your car a little rich (something with larger injectors and a larger turbo than your setup). Shouldn't be too hard. Keep an eye on that air fuel gauge and of course don't push the car at all.

A d16z6 base would be a decent fit eat least to get it to the tuner. You might not have VTEC though.

Back