1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 civic hx d16y5 with a volvo td04hl turbo

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by hondad16, Nov 12, 2012.

1. hondad16

hondad16 New Member

ok so i have a d16y5 vtec e model with a volvo v70 turbo, vovlo 315cc injectors and a 2.5 inch full turbo back exhaust ive searched and searched I am running a piggy back now i want to switch to obd1 p28 i need a base map. I see some people have had base maps burned for a turbo d16y5 on a p28 and get great gas and power. any suggestions on getting a basemap?

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Xenocron has a ton of basemaps, as does PGMFI.org.

You will not get great gas mileage or power on a basemap. You need to have your car tuned for your specific setup. I would not recommend driving for extended periods of time on a basemap without knowing what your A/F ratio looks like.

3. hondad16

hondad16 New Member

Ok tyhanks i have a wideband i just need a basemap so i can drive it 5 hours to a dyno tuner its chipped just i dont have anything to tune it with here just something to monitor it with thanks

4. Matts96HB

If the drive is 5 hours, I'd try and find a map that is going to run your car a little rich (something with larger injectors and a larger turbo than your setup). Shouldn't be too hard. Keep an eye on that air fuel gauge and of course don't push the car at all.

5. hondad16

hondad16 New Member

ok i will keep an eye out for A basemap so far all i can fine is everything but a d16y5 vtec e

6. Matts96HB

A d16z6 base would be a decent fit eat least to get it to the tuner. You might not have VTEC though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted