2000 civic si...53k miles 1owner....mostly stock. 5,800

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 2000 with 3x more miles and barely any rust in the engine bay.

did i mention we get alot more snow which means alot more salt? or maybe it means i take much better care of my car.

In the Chicagoland area, it's nearly impossible to find a car with no rust in the bay. It would have to use stainless steel or the like.

I bought my 2000 in I think it was 2003. It was already bad (not that bad, but still rusting on only bolts and nuts in the engine bay). It's been garage kept for the most part but still rust has continued to form. I've been replacing bolts like crazy trying to 'fix' it.

Winter or summer, it gets a bath almost every other day

heres the before pics that made me tell him to fix it then paint it to sell.

Attachments

• Picture 987.jpg
    Picture 987.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Picture 1013.jpg
    Picture 1013.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 287
ya mines not that bad. looks like it was either flood damage or left out in the rain with the hood and doors open. is that calcium or lime on the valve cover and dizzy? sigh

heres the before pics that made me tell him to fix it then paint it to sell.
ewww... more rust in the shit then my damn 1984 civic hb had, gott damm... dude i'll give ya 200 bucks and a pop-tart for your rust bucket (not you ahhhvtec) dont wana get into that again jeez lol

haha u guys are funny... its a wretched si for 5800 bucks, cummon now
uber fixed

Last edited:
So, how do we know that the milage is correct? You're saying you threw out the whole front-end, and replaced it with the clip.

What's the VIN? And also, the serial number of the motor.

How many miles on the chassis?

Will you put a battery holder clamp on it before you sell it?

Are you including the AC hoses? Did you run that AC compressor without the hoses?

Is it the 99/00 Si's in particular or something... I thought all JDM motors had the VTEC larger than the DOHC. And USDM motors had the DOHC larger than the VTEC logo (on the valve cover).

Google images looked the same. I think I'm just mis-informed tho. (I own a swapped EX, not Si sry)

Is it the 99/00 Si's in particular or something... I thought all JDM motors had the VTEC larger than the DOHC. And USDM motors had the DOHC larger than the VTEC logo (on the valve cover).

Google images looked the same. I think I'm just mis-informed tho. (I own a swapped EX, not Si sry)

No, you're correct.

Personally I think this guy is just finding pictures on craigslist and passing them off as his own in hopes that someone will want to ship the car, and then he'll profit.

Hold the phone batman.

The 'before' pictures shows a car with no AC lines coming from the firewall. This car has no AC.

The 'after' pictures shows AC lines coming from the firewall, and an AC compressor with no evaporator, or lines to the compressor. AND a belt on the compressor. This car had AC, but someone who didn't know what they were doing removed it.

Shit you can buy my 97 hx for that price with a JDM type-r swap with only 25k on swap.

No, you're correct.

Personally I think this guy is just finding pictures on craigslist and passing them off as his own in hopes that someone will want to ship the car, and then he'll profit.

most definitely .. refer to post #22 of this thread where ahhvtec posted the pic he had up before and the pic this guy put up.. completely different engine bays..

this guy is trying to rip someone off.. its definitely a flood car..

and the stick is waving... i'm in that mood

yeah in his first thread i asked him was it a flood car he said no just under a tarp for years lol

I was super interested in buying some other parts from him but he always avoided the hot button questions. Like, "are these JDM headlights OEM stanley?". He still never answered me. Maybe he has a ton of 2000 civics, here's the pics he sent me......

I bought nothing, due to poor communication, lack of photographs, and a general bad feeling about the whole situation.

Here's our email convo...

"Jo6Wo@aol.com" to yblegal
Sep 20 (6 days ago)

i have no pics yet, sorry, ill get some tomarrow, the jdm lights are mint, the 50/50 tail lights are mint. i will sell the throdle body seperate. dont really care. make me a offer including shipping on what your interested in and we can make a deal ,i accept paypal. or how ever you choose to pay

Reply Sep 21 (5 days ago)

Paypal works. I don't want to low ball you but I'm not 100% on what stuff is worth. I would deffinatly want the throttle and headlight if they look good, so would like 200 shipped be good? 100 for headlights and 100 for throttle? I paid 70 for the last set I got that had blue paint and gunk all over them, so I'm kinda goin off that. Whats reasonable for you?

The tail lights are again a maybe. Gotta see.

Thanks again for getting me the pics

hey, sorry i didn't get a chance to take pics, i took the lights out and took a look at them, i have 2 sets of lights, one set has minor fog in the lenses. theres a product out there that takes the fog out, but i totally forget what its called, ill do the fogged up ones for 50

i have a clean set of jdm lights for 100

the throdle body i only want 75 for

and the tail lights, the one has a small smalll chip out of the bottom corner, its bairly noticible. for all 4 ill take 100

so you tell me what you want, if you want pics, ill take them tomarrow and get them tomarrow when i get home from work, should be around 9 or 10. i just walked i nthe dooor a hour ago and im fuckin exhausted lol

Oh ya hey sorry buddy didnt mean to make you think I expected those pics already. I just mean thanks again for going through the trouble, when you do. lol

Well ya consider me dibbs on the clean set of jdm lights for 100 and on the throttle for 75, that's just peachy. And I'll wait for you to send me some pics.

By the way, are the jdm headlights OEM stanley or aftermarket?

My tail lights are not oem stanely, but they are in good condition, so I'll probably just pass on the those. If you find another buyer, it's all good. I'm looking for minty fresh ha.

Thanks!

i have a set of minty fresh tail lights, but im not sure if i want to part with them lol, when i say mint, i mean mint, you can make me a offer lol, ill get pics of everything tomarrow

Reply Sep 22 (4 days ago)

hey dude just wanted to get back to you to let you know im still
interested in that stuff. I hope you can get those pics!

heres some pics.

(picture of intake manifold, a random 2000 coupe, a motor, and the tail lights.... fuckin dumb when I only wanted headlights and throttle body..)

Can you send me some good pics of each of the things I'm interested in buying? The good condition JDM headlights and the type-r throttle body? Are the headlights OEM Stanley?

Thank you sir

heres a pic of the throdle body, like i said, i have the throdle body, that's in good shape. will work on any b16,b18,b20 , gsr, type r. i dont have close up pics, but if i say seomthing is mint its mint, the tail lights are oem stanley MINT, i have a pair of slightly fogged jdm headlights for like 40 bucks..

What happened to the $100 mint non-fogged jdm headlights? Still for sale? Are any of your headlights OEM stanley? I'd like pics of the headlights mainly. I did not get a picture of the throttle body in your last email either, please resend.

Again, lookin for:
Best condition JDM Headlights
Type-R throttle body

heres the type r throdle body, honestly i have 2 sets of oem stanley lights, both are not mint, the mint set i have on a 00 si, but i took a deposit on the car today, so i have to sell them with the car, sucks. but like i said, i have 2 other sets of oem lights if you just need something to use

Attachments

• Picture%201040.jpg
    Picture%201040.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Picture%201046.jpg
    Picture%201046.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture%201047.jpg
    Picture%201047.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Picture%201048.jpg
    Picture%201048.jpg