2000 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Swap fan

Haven't driven my car since April. Just brought out my motorcycle and have been riding since. Well yesterday I went to start it and unsurprisingly it wouldnt start. Battery was dead so I replaced it. No turn over. Replaced the fuel filter, oil changed w/oil filter, and cleaned out the Skunk2 intake. It wouldn't start still. Then i just realized this random connector that is not connected. I can't find where it connects to. FML
Any help? Thanks in advance guys.

IMG_8704.jpg

looks like the iab plug, which your (im assuming) skunk2 IM doesn't use.

try wire brushing your battery cable terminals and the starter power wire terminal, and make sure they're nice and tight.

I dont think a few months of gas sitting would be the case, i leave my motorcycle topped with gas all winter(5-6months), but im not sure. battery is brand new, power is good, checked all fuses and they seem to all be fine. Im going to replace the fuel pump(hasnt been changed for a while) just cause. Any more suggestions!

i have no idea where this thread is headed... first, it wouldnt crank... then... it cranks but doesnt start? it cranks and sputters? fuel injectors were trying to escape while the car sat? did you pull out he injectors and wonder if the discoloration defference is the no start problem???????????

it was the ignition coil. i fixed it. But somehow my light ballast blew up, so now i have to buy a new one.

i had a 93 hatch that sat for a few months, and it did the same coil went bad. perhaps they are used to having current going thru and not being powered for a long time causes them to stop working..

Back