2000 mitsubishe mirage de coupe!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

done..how much should i be expecting to pay..for just the head with internals and valve cover...no manifolds

you need a VC too? i believe i have one of those.

well i rlly dont need anything but the head casting with the valves and springs installed...but i figure fuck it i can do some paintwork on this spare cover..

its pretty much identical to my white one when it was stock, except it is blue.
35777_439532516762_510286762_5812234_7137665_n.jpg
35286_439531861762_510286762_5812222_7906554_n.jpg
35431_439531591762_510286762_5812214_4798339_n.jpg

well we got the top end gasket kit in...but still have not been able to get the spark plug out...
what happened was the actual plug broke out of the plug threads..so were left with a half assed spark plug threaded in the head...with no porcelain.last resort is to drill it out and tap it

tried it yesterday..didnt work...were gonna attempt to get a drill bit that will just barely catch the inside..and see if we can get it to tighten a little to break loose the rust..then we will revers it and use the easy out...but idk...worst case scenario im hoping is that we have to drill it out and re-tap...if not machine shops makin some money off us

well with the head off the car it may be a little tough to get enough leverage on it.... if you can get that thing up to me this weekend im sure we could get it up, i can bolt it to my spare block on the engine stand.

bit the bullet and the head is at the machine shop...should be done monday...$75 to drill it out and heli-coil the threads...fuck it i guess

well atleast it will be proper i guess... i have helicoils here. i have one in the crank of the old 4g15 from the grey car :lol:

got the head back today..cost $94 to be cleaned and helicoiled..
started putting it back together and ran out of daylight..will be done tomorrow..

everything went back together without a problem..started the car up and every single spark plug was loose...so tightened em back up..started the car..they all came loose again..so figured out that the spark plug socket we had wasnt fitting all the way in the head and the plugs were just barely getting tightened..bought another and still the same thing..so basically cant get the plugs to tighten enough to stay in the head...whats wierd is its not a 5/8...its 13/16ths...so idk

lol yeah strange size isnt it?

dont know why you cant get them tightened up though. i use a basic 13/16th spark plug socket without the rubber grommet.

idk i went out and pulled them all back out..put some oil on the threads(just a little to get them lubed) and thread them back in..they felt smoother and tightened up..but we will see when we start it

cars been running fine ever since..did the front brakes.made an intake from some piping i had laying around.and now tossing around wheel ideas.
1.paint the lip of the wheel to match the color of the car
2.paint the lip of the wheel flat black and put a coat of flake over the op of it
3.paint the entire wheel white.
4.paint the entire wheel ____________.(fill in the blank..we need ideas)

Back