2005 Mustang GT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I generally do hate Fords except for Mustangs, F250s, and f350s. I think the new Mustang is pretty bad ass. The 6 banger is even looking pretty good with almost hp as some of the old foxbody 5.0s. The 6 banger is running close to a 15.1. I wouldn't buy a 6 banger, but for 20 grand its not bad. The GT should run mid 13's. V8, rwd, 5spd, and a good looking car for about 26k how can I go wrong. I know this is a Honda board but I am not messing with older cars anymore and nothing new from Honda except the s2000 impresses me anymore.
After having 4 - 4wd trucks/SUVS I do not want to drive another winter without one. I can get by no problem in a fwd but its so much nicer popping the 4wd on and relaxing a bit instead of spinning to try to get some traction in a fwd. Plus I will need a truck so I am thinking about buying a 90's Silverado 4wd, or a Tahoe. Depending on how much money I lose on trading in the Silverado we'll see if this goes through.

So what do people think of the new Mustang? Please no its a Ford comments, leave some decent feedback.

I like it. It's the first true redesign, and it's actually pretty decent. The guys at Top Gear even liked it- they commented on how well us Americans were actually able to get the rear live axle to behave. :)

Originally posted by Prowler@May 1 2005, 12:07 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes:

300hp, stylish, what else can you ask for?
[post=493647]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
Beautiful looking car...WHat can I say.... :woo:

What can you really say?

Pony cars have proven themselves for far longer than civics. They've pretty much perfected reliability of the car and now the performance gains keep coming further and further.

The car looks great, had a lot of performance capability out of the box especially for the price tag it carries.

The only downside to the cars are that they're so powerful that you really have to watch in it the wet or snow. So long as you have another car to drive for some really inclement whether then go for it.

*edit my one qualm with the car was in the '03 model that I've driven a lot, I don't know if they changed it at all but my ass (even after having a big bubble squatters ass) didn't fit into the seat. the seat was just too wide and i slid back and forth.

The ironic thing here is a lot of people on mustangforums really don't know what they think of it. Most don't really like the 05s. Personally I love em.

You can't go wrong with a 3v sohc 300 hp 281 cubic inch V8 and a nice tight 5 speed.

This is the engine that Mustang enthusiasts have been waiting for since the LS1 came out in 98.

The GT is very nice, I really like it.

I guess they're working on a version with a V6 Turbo though...

FORD.

Found On Road Dead.
Fix Or Repair Daily
First On Recall Day
First On Rust and Deterioration
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fuck! Our Ride Died!

That is all.

Originally posted by civicious@May 1 2005, 04:18 PM
FORD.

Found On Road Dead.
Fix Or Repair Daily

First On Recall Day
First On Rust and Deterioration
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fuck! Our Ride Died!

That is all.
[post=493731]Quoted post[/post]​

you had fixed or repair daily twice... and really... those sound more like your rides. :ph34r:

The 05's are an improvement, but I still wouldn't be caught dead in one. Since the 80's and up until this 2005 model, mustangs were some of the uglierst cars on the road IMO. I duno, maybe I just hate mustanges? The only affordable american car I'd drive currently would be a corvette.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 1 2005, 07:57 PM
The 05's are an improvement, but I still wouldn't be caught dead in one. Since the 80's and up until this 2005 model, mustangs were some of the uglierst cars on the road IMO. I duno, maybe I just hate mustanges? The only affordable american car I'd drive currently would be a corvette.
[post=493793]Quoted post[/post]​

Affordable ... a 50,000-60,000 ride? Yo, can I hit you up for some support...?

A vette is twice the damn price of a mustang.

You're entitled to your opinion, as stupid as it may be but you just compared two completely different price classes and I find it hard to believe that anyone can think that this generation and the last generation of mustangs was even close to being up near the top of the worst looking car list. I can see many people did like the notchbacks in the 80's and so on but...

firstly, the new cobra is supposed to be about 45k according to the ford dealership

and thats comparable to a "base model" vette. according to the chevy dealership.

and i personally wouldnt pitch them against each other. maybe the cobra will out accelerate, but i think thats about it.

Citizen_Insane,May 1 2005, 07:57 PM]The 05's are an improvement, but I still wouldn't be caught dead in one. Since the 80's and up until this 2005 model, mustangs were some of the uglierst cars on the road IMO. I duno, maybe I just hate mustanges? The only affordable american car I'd drive currently would be a corvette.

Affordable ... a 50,000-60,000 ride? Yo, can I hit you up for some support...?

Ditto B!

i havent driven in one or been in one. but i dont like the "new" styling. i dont like the front, rear, or the wheels. personally id rather buy a 2 year old cobra (sans wing)

Ok guys... comparing the Mustang to the Corvette is like comparing a Civic to a Camaro. It just isn't happening.

The corvette is a 2 seater sports coupe, where as the Mustang is a pony car. It's in a completely different class altogether.

and since when is the Corvette an affordable sports car to anyone under the age of 50? :huh:

Originally posted by nismogod@May 1 2005, 10:24 PM
firstly, the new cobra is supposed to be about 45k according to the ford dealership

and thats comparable to a "base model" vette. according to the chevy dealership.

and i personally would pitch them against each other. maybe the cobra will out accelerate, but i think thats about it.
[post=493832]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright, listen up.

He said a 2005 Mustang GT.

He didn't say the new 2007 Shelby GT500/SVT Cobra (http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangspecs/2007cobra/07cobra_main.htm) that retails for $37,000 with most likely a $10,000 dealer markup on it. Even so, thats $3000 less than a base model vette.

More to the point, the GT will be at most $30,000 or so, a base model vette $50,000. Thats the price difference of $20,000...basically you can buy a GT and a Civic Si for the price of the vette. Comparing apples to oranges.

i really like the new style. i think ford did a nice job with the redesign of the car. good looking car, good performance, and a decent pricetag. good combo.

I didnt mean to start a huge argument. By Corvette I didnt mean a new one. Fuck, the new ones don't really look all that nice anyway. I was saying I'd rather spend $10,000 on a 69 Stingray and fix it up rather than buy a new mustang. You all seemed to miss the point of that statement anyway. I was saying that I would never buy an American car (besides a classic). I just don't really like the styling of any of them and I like japanese cars (what can I say, I'm Japanese).

As for the styling of the last body of mustang? One of the worst looking cars on the road.
gt990912dunes01.jpg

This is hidious. Completely and udderly horrible in my opinion.

Aww damn.. that's one of my favorites.

btw thats a 99-00 Body. I wanna say 2000 because of the headlights, but I'm not sure.

Back