2007 Impreza

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

2007 is supposed to be the complete redesign of the impreza, but if they didn't, and just revamped it...again... i'd rock this. yeah yeah know it's a chop, but the chops on the 06 long before actual photos were released were pretty spot on. the 06 i didn't like at first, until i actually saw it, and since i am now used to it, i like this chop, and think if they were to do this, it'd be pretty sweet, ecept the wing looks...off http://response.jp/issue/2005/0509/article...mages/86628.jpg
edit : i just noticed the 2005 in the right top corner... i suck at teh internets

another ugly car, no surprise, really.

looks like whoever chopped it, took a left headlamp, put it on the right side and made it almost vertical.

Still ugly, and id still rather have an Evo.

What is this shit I hear about a complete redesign for 2007? This makes the second time I've read this rumor.

I found this highly unlikely because Subaru just revamped the entire car in 2006 and had to create all the new molds and spend all the capital on research and developement and all the related costs of remodeling a car.

In 2006 the WRX just got the 2.5L engine, brembos, different rims, new front end, a roof vane for the STi, etc., etc.

If they do anything else to the regular WRX its going to be pricing itself out of competition with the STi, so its just not going to happen.

I don't know when the hell any car company has done a complete redesign for one year and the next year did a second redesign. Subaru is a tiny, tiny, car company and doesn't have the money for this sort of thing.

What it looks like to me is wishful thinking by someone. Looks like they made it stand a lot like the Evo and put the aggressive slanted hawk eyes on the front like the Evo has.

Subaru just came out with the limited STi for 2007 and thats as much as a redesign as its getting for this upcoming year.

Quoted post[/post]]
What is this shit I hear about a complete redesign for 2007? This makes the second time I've read this rumor.

I found this highly unlikely because Subaru just revamped the entire car in 2006 and had to create all the new molds and spend all the capital on research and developement and all the related costs of remodeling a car.

In 2006 the WRX just got the 2.5L engine, brembos, different rims, new front end, a roof vane for the STi, etc., etc.

If they do anything else to the regular WRX its going to be pricing itself out of competition with the STi, so its just not going to happen.

I don't know when the hell any car company has done a complete redesign for one year and the next year did a second redesign. Subaru is a tiny, tiny, car company and doesn't have the money for this sort of thing.

What it looks like to me is wishful thinking by someone. Looks like they made it stand a lot like the Evo and put the aggressive slanted hawk eyes on the front like the Evo has.

Subaru just came out with the limited STi for 2007 and thats as much as a redesign as its getting for this upcoming year.
while subaru hasn't had a redesign of the impreza since 2002, it has had facelifts. and while i typed 2007, i should have known that was wrong because of the limited edition for 2007. However, there is planned to be a complete redesign for 2008 stting on a shortened legacy chassis.

Quoted post[/post]]
while subaru hasn't had a redesign of the impreza since 2002, it has had facelifts. and while i typed 2007, i should have known that was wrong because of the limited edition for 2007. However, there is planned to be a complete redesign for 2008 stting on a shortened legacy chassis.

"Facelifts" You're joking right?

The 2006 Impreza got an engine that .5L bigger, a new front end, bigger brakes that happen to be brembos, better brake pads - axxis, bigger/different rims, incorporates the new climate control system, has the new headlights from the redesign in 2004, the '06 has new tailights, has a new option that allows you to get a stripped WRX with different seats and an entirely different interior/exterior.

The 2006 STi got the new roof vane, tailight, front end, and whatever else it got.

I don't know how much they're going to change the entire car, and its obviously not coming in 2007. The Legacy's and forresters just got a new redesign just like the WRX got all these changes over the last couple of years to incorporate. I don't think we're going to see a redesign right away, like I said Subaru is small and doesn't have the same money as major players.

R35 GTR=Ugly
new evo=ugly
new STI=ugly
new civic=hot
new civic=FF, FUCK! lol

could you imagine what would happen if Honda made a FR civic like toyota made the corrola in 86?

Quoted post[/post]]R35 GTR=Ugly -Agree
new evo=ugly -Agree
new STI=ugly -Agree
new civic=hot -Disagree
new civic=FF, FUCK! lol -Agree

could you imagine what would happen if Honda made a FR civic like toyota made the corrola in 86?
yea... it still wouldnt sell.

the only thing honda has to offer is the K-series.... god damn those are sweet heads.

nissan bottom end...k-series head. :ph34r:

Rumors are new STI's are dynoing at 313 instead of 300, but subaru is only saying 300.. best friend bought one we beat a stock 05...

by the way subaru runs sti body styles 2 years... 04/05 then 06/07, and the 08/09 they are redesigning the body style... they are going to have a real small lip as a spoiler (kinda like a trunk lip)

yeah they ran the 2.5l turbo in the wrx (and pretty much every other car lol.. legacys are even fast now)

Edit: by the way... STI pwns Evo, every aspect... read comparisons

Car and driver
Motor Trend

In car and driver the only thing evo had was .1s on the 1/8mile
In motor trend the only thing evo had was .1s on the 0-60 (which doesnt make much sense because it said the sti beat it 0-30) and it had .4s in the slolum or whatever.... makes sense evo's are on the top10 handling cars

But I agree that Evo's look better.. but they have a more feminine look where the STI is more masculine

Quoted post[/post]]
If the Evo beat it, regardless of how small the increment, the STi lost.

oh yes it did beat it, in about 3 places

STI beat it in 0-30, 0-90, 0-120, quarter mile, and track time

evo.. 0-60, 1/8th mile..... and slolam

said sti's are more reliable and built better, engines can handle more stress, car drives smoother.... pretty much said sti's kick evo's ass

yeah evo won, +3 for the evo, +20 for the STI

STi's beat EVO's in 0-100, 1/4mi, ect because YOU CAN"T DROP THE CLUTCH AT 6.5K IN AN EVO

the car WILL NOT let you do it....in totally stock form

either way the sti has more horsepower, more torque, and better AWD... plus the STI has like... 30? or so horses on the evo, and they both weigh in right around the same... ON TOP of that i personally trust subaru 10 times more than mitsubishi, look at what the fuck happened with the talons/eclipses, they are JUNK.... i wipe my ass with their transmissions, thats how cheap they are

edit: and not to mention they've used that 2.0l since like 19 fuckin 90 lol, i mean with major changes but its still that 2.0

Quoted post[/post]]
Rumors are new STI's are dynoing at 313 instead of 300, but subaru is only saying 300..
actually, due to the new sae ratings, the sti's are at 293hp and 290tq at the crank, absolutely nothing has changed, it's just the new rating system, like how the new si was going to be 200,but is now 197...

Back