2011 Xmas lists

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Which degree? Maybe I can help on the job front. :p
Bachelors is in Communications. Finishing my last class for a Masters in Accounting. My program fulfills all educational requirements for the CPA. So I could pursue it if necessary for a position. Don't know if I'd get it if it didn't mean a job or better pay though.

I have a few friends and family trying to get me jobs, but one more person couldn't help. What do you do anyway?

Some video games, maybe Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Arkham City. Yeah, that sounds good. And then maybe some gift cards so I can buy parts for my RSX. Other than that, don't really want or need anything...

Bachelors is in Communications. Finishing my last class for a Masters in Accounting. My program fulfills all educational requirements for the CPA. So I could pursue it if necessary for a position. Don't know if I'd get it if it didn't mean a job or better pay though.

I have a few friends and family trying to get me jobs, but one more person couldn't help. What do you do anyway?
Software Engineering Manager.. Sorry I don't think I can help.. :(

@slushbox: i thought most colleges didnt offer retake with C- or better? or are you just gonna W or F the class? anyway, good luck with that $hit. im applying to get into pharm. d school is its rough.

for xmas, i want:

-full time job
-accepted into pharm. d. school
-hit the lottery. :ph34r:

@slushbox: i thought most colleges didnt offer retake with C- or better? or are you just gonna W or F the class? anyway, good luck with that $hit. im applying to get into pharm. d school is its rough.

for xmas, i want:

-full time job
-accepted into pharm. d. school
-hit the lottery. :ph34r:
My program requires that you graduate with above a 3.0 and less than 4 Cs. I have well above a 3.0, but I have 3 Cs(I HATE tax law). If I got another C, I'm not allowed to graduate until I retake at least one of them and do better.

I can't see why schools wouldn't allow you to retake whatever you want though. More coin in their pocket.

Just got an Email the other day saying you're only allowed to retake a course for which you got a passing grade once. Subsequent times will not be covered by financial aid.

That's Kent State at least.

Being Japanese, the wife isn't used to taking Christmas seriously yet so she's not very good at coming up with stuff she wants.

She asked for carpet cleaning powder. :ph34r:

Being Japanese, the wife isn't used to taking Christmas seriously yet so she's not very good at coming up with stuff she wants.

She asked for carpet cleaning powder. :ph34r:

best gift ever! lol. yeah its more for "young people"and "lovers." not sure how it got translated that way, haha.

regarding taking classes again, i guess it is college by college then. Uni.s of Cal. only let repeats classes with Ds, Fs and Ws., but only 2 courses. So if you get more than 3 Ds or watever, you're SOL for the 3rd D.

class averages and competitiveness is getting retarded for grad or prof. schools now. everyone is rushing back. before, you can usually get into pharm d. with 3.50 GPA or above, but average entering freshman is now 3.9 or 4.0.

best gift ever! lol. yeah its more for "young people"and "lovers." not sure how it got translated that way, haha.

Yep. :) Christmas and New Years seem to be exactly reversed in terms of celebration. New Years is their quiet time to spend with family, and Christmas is the crazy party day.

japanese arent "real asians." haha jk. i think they are the only asians (SE and E Asians) that dont celebrate the new year according to the lunar calendar. most of the traditions are however similar to other asian countries like coming home to visit and very superstitious restrictions and such.

Just got an Email the other day saying you're only allowed to retake a course for which you got a passing grade once. Subsequent times will not be covered by financial aid.

That's Kent State at least.
Financial aid didn't cover my last 2 classes. I took one in the summer and one now. Because I'm not "full-time", my Discover card has a nice balance on it.

They don't want to acknowledge that the only reason I'm taking classes like this is because the course scheduling didn't allow me to go full-time (only 3 classes in Grad) for 2 semesters and I'm forced into taking them now. I should have been done in May.

Last edited:
They don't want to acknowledge that the only reason I'm taking classes like this is because the course scheduling didn't allow me to go full-time (only 3 classes in Grad) 2 semesters and I'm force into taking them now. I should have been done in May.

that's so much lame sauce right there. happened to me too.

i dont think they should make a course mandatory unless they have any prof that teaches it year round. oh, and i love their counseling or advising groups who "forgets" classes that are required to graduate and you dont find out until you apply to walk.

oh well, i hear most prof. schools have it all laid out so you cant really delineate much from the outline and grad. on time unless you flunk or repeat courses.

that's so much lame sauce right there. happened to me too.

i dont think they should make a course mandatory unless they have any prof that teaches it year round. oh, and i love their counseling or advising groups who "forgets" classes that are required to graduate and you dont find out until you apply to walk.

oh well, i hear most prof. schools have it all laid out so you cant really delineate much from the outline and grad. on time unless you flunk or repeat courses.
Oh, they lined it out so I wouldn't delineate. Then when I went to enroll, certain classes weren't available. My program is new, so they don't have a lot of professors. Most are adjuncts. In fact, this last class was suppose to be taught by the dean of my program. He took an unexpected sabbatical, and now it's being taught by an undergrad professor. Oh well, she seems to know her shit.

On the Christmas note: I found all the knives I want... I'm going to have to buy them for myself though lol.

Kershaw Tanto Groove
Kershaw Volt SS
Bradley Kimura 5 Tanto.

On the Christmas note: I found all the knives I want... I'm going to have to buy them for myself though lol.

Kershaw Tanto Groove
Kershaw Volt SS
Bradley Kimura 5 Tanto.

nothing wrong with getting alittle something for yourself.

I just found out my sisters boyfriend is loaded, a bonds traders and amateur golfers. he bought my dad this yankees plaque with mantles, ruth, jeter cards and a rare signed picture , had to cost a grand easy.

I made it clear to my sister he needs to buy me amazon gift cards to get on my good side for xmas. yes i know this is bad but i dont give a fooook!

I don't need anything besides work clothes. Only thing I really ever need it seems now. Never can have enough.

I've graduated though to Nordstroms only for most of them after ruining my first 5-10 shirts that got tears in the elbows and Macy's would take back with the receipt.

I just bought myself an early christmas present... Blox traction bar, and some Hardrace front lower control arms to go with it :)

Back