350z Clutch Fluid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well my Boss' Z is acting wierd. His clutch fluid was totally BLACK. He doesnt drive the Z like a bat out of hell (yet) and its was just totally bad. Its now been bled and refilled with new, but the car only has like 350 miles on it. Anyone know a reason that would happen if the car is driven very politely?

either the slave or the master cylinder seals/O-rings rolled over, or are wearing improperly....o-rings are black rubber...and the only thing in the system that has a chance to cause brake fluid to turn colors...age does it too...but it turns darker brown as it gets older. Also....they might be the wrong kind of seals, or someone used the wrong kind of fluid...and it's eating the seals...

yeah, they already replaced the fluid under warranty, just seeing if anyone had any ideas what caused it. the car is brand new and that shit shouldnt be happening.

Hydraulic fluid turns black when it's subjected to too much heat. Chances are he granny slips the clutch, or he rests his foot on the clutch when he drives. Rides the clutch, etc. Millions of people do it.

yup, i had to change the hydro fluid in brie's car every few months, clayton and i replaced a clutch, and its slipping again after 40k miles... fuckin nissan 240's.

cable > hydro :)

well ill remind him about that. i know a lot of people do it. i learned EARLY on to put my foot on the floor when not using the clutch.

with the act clutch i dont have to worry about that :wink: i just leave my foot on the clutch.

then again, it takes my whole leg to put the pedal on the floor.

lol...thats what i hate about my clutch too...its stock and 30 minutes in traffic and i wanna cut my leg off. never had that problem in the protege. silly prelude.

thats what i figured too...i just remembered where he lives and rush hour in dallas is not condusive to good clutch wear.

Back