1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 point harness

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by slayer1927, May 17, 2011.

1. slayer1927

slayer1927 New Member

This should be a easy question I have , I want to get some 4 point racing harness belts . My friend installed his to the back seat I want some that I can bolt to the back of my seat or under it and make it really clean since I still have to have my back seat. Now do they make one like that and if so where and how much I see alot of like s2000 but not alot for my 89 civic

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

horrible idea

improperly installed harnesses will cause you serious harm in the event of an accident

installing them at a steep angle like to the back or under your seat will cause spinal compression in a collision... probly wont kill you but youll be putting stickers on your wheelchair afterwards

you want harnesses??? install a cage and wear a helmet

find another way to look cool

3. slayer1927

slayer1927 New Member

Ok I will rethink what I am going to do . I just wanted to see if it will work but with problems like that I will not do that.

Thanx that could have ended really bad.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

And stay away from 4pt harnesses all together. I know Schroth makes an ASM 4 point that is supposed to be the best 4pt, even that I wouldn't feel safe in. 6 point with proper roll cage and race seat or keep it stock.

Looking to stay in the seat under hard cornering? Use a CG lock.

6. slayer1927

slayer1927 New Member

Yah I have looked at some cars that have harness in them and it would be good for some stuff but not everday

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted