4 point racing seat-belt harness illegal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

does anyone know if a 4 point racing belts are illegal ? and in wisconsin ?

i'm lookin at sites and tehy are saying that they are for off road use only and can possibly be illegal for street use?

doens't make sense...i'd trust a 4pt vs a 3pt any day of the week if properly secured.

nathan

Originally posted by ssl2k@Jul 26 2004, 12:36 AM
if properly secured
[post=368068]Quoted post[/post]​

There's the key words right there... most 4 and 5 point harnesses don't work unless you have at least a bar behind the seat to attach the belts to...

Originally posted by ssl2k@Jul 25 2004, 09:36 PM
does anyone know if a 4 point racing belts are illegal ? and in wisconsin ?

i'm lookin at sites and tehy are saying that they are for off road use only and can possibly be illegal for street use?

doens't make sense...i'd trust a 4pt vs a 3pt any day of the week if properly secured.

nathan
[post=368068]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah well unless you have a roll cage, I wouldn't trust a 4 point any day of the week, sure it will hold you in place better in minor and even serious accidents, but the second you get into a roll over, its all over, the harness does not allow you to slide down as the roof caves on your head, like a lap belt does, it also may not be that they are illegal all together, the individual products are just without proper certification.

find the phone number for your states dmv and call and ask them..theyll tell you

don't run them unless you have a bar to secure them to if you secure them down to the bottom of the seat you will crush your spin in a collision

It is amazing what you find when you use google. I think it took me 2 minutes. This will explain the instalation of a 5pt harness. Check this out. This is on a dsm but hope this helps clarify. And try callinbg your dmv for legality of harnesses.

Back