5000rpm bang! WTF??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
Early this morning before work wanter to take the ol accord out for a ride. It had been raining earlier and the roads were still wet when I decided to mash on it a bit. It revved freely to about 4000 slowly to 5 then banged out! I slowed down tried it again and same thing. I got off work tried it again, same. Its a 95ex f22b1 sohc vtec. Never had this problem before. Never raing where I'm at so maybe something got wet??

?? you got rain in texas...i havent seen anything that id call "rain" in a while

what do you mean when you say "banged out" was it back firing or something?

It was like the rev limiter kicked. It was pretty humid, and the car did sit out in it for 2 days. It's dried up now but still won't pull past 5000

none at all. As a matter of fact my damn srs light came one first thing this morning. It's idling fine, pulls good to about 35 to 4k then creeps up. It usually pulls good to red. I checked under the hood and nothing seems to be disconnected. I'm at a loss

might wanna check your fuel pressure. mine started doin that shit right before the pump went out (because of the main relay). Im not saying your pump is going out, but your spring in the FPR might be losing its regidity and screwing up your fuel pressure. It should be between 38 and 42.

well i talked to fastacc last night and he said it runs fine now
idk

Back