86 prelude special edition??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wakntheded86

hello, i recently aquired a 1986 honda prelude "special edition" wth makes it special? it has a 2.0l si badge on the dash but according to the vin its a 1.8l sohc pgm fi released in u.k. information regarding this particular model eludes me. i've been told that the only engine that will fit semi-easily is the b20a5 from 88-91 prelude si. is this true? do all b series engines have the same engine mount placement? (can you drop a 96-00 crv block down there instead of a 88-91 prelude) what is the interchangability of parts between 2nd and 3rd gen prelude? can you swap more than just taillights? this is a canada car and current law provides me with the freedom of running without a catalytic converter. if i remove the stock piece will it screw the whole thing up? any info would be greatly appreciated.

99civic ex - you will be missed.

86prelude - details to be announced

waking the dead 86.

I don't know a whole lot about the older Preludes, but yeah, especially the pre-1988 versions, but as far as the cat converter goes, you should be able to just get rid of it with no problems. The best bet for you would be to pick out the muffler you want, take it to a muffler shop, and just have them bend up a whole new exhaust from the header back.

thanks for the reply. i got this car for 100 dollars. it has a chopped up exhaust like it was given to a welding class with a note saying "fix meee" the previous owner cut the can off the back and put a bargain grind box on the end. sounds fun but its waaay 2 obnoxious even for a honda. keep an eye out for the new carbon fiber gauge cluster i made and a few pix on the way. thanks for the help honda-swap^_^

the mounts are different.. the prelude b-series is like the red headed step child of b-series motors.. they are nothing alike.. i'm sure you could drop an h22 in there and that would be a beast

an H22? how many thousands of hours of engine bay modification would i need to put in? im so unfarmiliar with the mount placement on honda frames/ engines. like most people i got my particular 2nd gen for a handfull of dirt so im not expecting any miracles anytime soon but consider this... custom wide body front/ rear fenders and 91 accord projector headlights with custom grill insert and 3rd gen taillight housing... a long project to complete but a waste of time? any serious feedback is greatly appreciated.

Back