89 crx/go kart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a kid i know did this with a 93 civic cx engine. Its a lot of fabrication(he built the go cart around the engine, and he got it running, but it cant get traction with go cart tires, he had to make custom axles for it to run 14 inch steelies. the thing is way too fast, and the steering is to "go cart ish" like turns way to fast when doing 50 and you lose control. its fun off road in the dirt. he has a APC muffler welded to the end of the header. it has a chipped P28 Ecu, the thing is crazy. has autometer tach, and speedometer. its like a mini car. he wants to put an old race seat in it now.

it is rwd, and yes it drifts. shifter is backwards.(1st is where reverse is, 2nd is 5th, and so on) has cable tranny mounted to it, for ease of running a cable, rather than hydrolic lines. He has a normal battery hooked up, and wires running every where. Im pretty sure he made his own harness.

if you have a lot of money to waste, go ahead and do it, its alot of fun doing all the fab work, and you really learn a lot.

i dont know why everyone is gay and flames so much but i think thats a fucking awesome project. hats off to you. i wish i had the time/money to tackle something like that.

just to let ya guys know in japan they do run habusa turbo karts. They do 140 easy. Seen it on Real tv the other day

i know a guy with a vw 1.8t powered sand rail it is too fucking crazy i'll never ride it again

the crx kart can be done but you better have some huge balls

go for it man
its diffrent, and its obvious that you either are dumb as shit or have way too much time on your hands, i'm hoping its the second so you don't hurt yourself or someone else in the process

but jdm motors come with dual carbs...
look for one of those intake mani's and you should be set
all you would need to hook up is the dizzy
and people that get motors imported usually sell the carb setup off of them for REAL cheap cause no one wants them...

and the head swap would give you a LOT more power for this application, and if you hook it up with a dual carb setup it should be fast as fuck...

you're better off chopping the crx to make it more gokart ish

Back