91 ef question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cornfed85

i have a 91 ef hatch...i swapped if from automatic to an si 5 speed car runs and drives great....i bought and installed a faze 5 inch monster tach with a shift light,i drove the car today at 55 mph the tach is showin about 3,100 rpm....at 65 mph its turnin about 4,000 rpm is my tach wrong or is there something i need to fix? i need help...it dont sound like its turnin that many R's to me im thinkin 2,000 or so would be about right on a 4 cylinder at 65mph the motor is a bone stock d15b2 DPFI any help would be greatly appreciated

man that sucks i dont want to be runnin 4,000 rpm on the highway...it dont sound like its running at 4,000 i figured i might of did something wrong during the tach install what does your b16 motor and trans show rpm wise at 65 mph?

lol, at 70mph im at 4100. 65? around 36 or 3700. its a bitch. im gonna get e gsr tranny, not much longer but better. i was gonna put an ls 5th in there but that would seriously kill performance.

hey you could frankenstein yours, i havnt heard of anybody putting a dx 5th in an si tranny. wonder if it would work.

well how is your exaust set up? mines straight pipe from the cat back, so yeah.
if you have any type of muffler then it will be quieter. even the rice cans are quieter than straight pipe.

well right now it has stock exhaust on it without the muffler so its kinda noisy but i can still hear the motor and it dont sound like its turning the rpms the tach says...im gettin 2 1/4 pipe ran next week and putting a glass pack on it

as long as you followed the instructions and tapped the gauge into the correct dizzy wire then it should be right.

then thats what your running. welcome to lower interstate gas milage.

that sucks i may pull my trans and find a dx 5 speed to put in it til i get around to swapping it and making it fast

64625 is my zip im also looking for a 92-95 complete vtec head with vtec solonoid with complete intake if you know where i can find what i need let me know im tired of these 2 junkyards in kansas city mo and kansas city kansas everyone snatches everything so id rather pay a little more and get what i need complete where i can slap it together and go

lol, at 70mph im at 4100. 65? around 36 or 3700. its a bitch. im gonna get e gsr tranny, not much longer but better. i was gonna put an ls 5th in there but that would seriously kill performance.

w/ a GSR tranny at 80 mph it sits at 4k.. a b16 sits at 4400 at 80.. and putting an LS 5th isnt gonna kill performance.. how often are you racing in 5th gear anyways.. ?

well im rolling with a bone stock d15b2 dual point injection motor...i dont race at all its my daily driver....i guess ill get used to it

Back