91EX with a vtec head HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91stockEX

Im new to hondaswap but i got a 1991 honda ex with a stock f22 SOHC and i was wondering if i could put on a VTEC DOHC and switch out the ecu if it would work, what type of head can fit on it ?

It seems pretty doubtfull but if you find out that you can, send me a pm cuz that'd be sick!

As I understand it you can use an h22 head on the F motor. I have also heard that the F bottom end is a little weaker than the H.

you CAN swap the h22 head on there, its just a bit of work.
heres a thread on f22b2 with h22 head. its pretty much the same thing, the block might be a little differnt, but nothing big.
Honda-Tech.com: F22b2 block+H22a1 head, F22 VTEC, F22B/VTEC

f22 block is stronger, but it really depends on what you mean. f22 sleeves are good for boost, as opposed to h22 sleeves.

if you plan on doing this, i suggest you dont rev the piss out of the f22 block, unless you some crank work. installing some oil squirters would be a very wise decision.

yes you can put a f22 vtec head on it, i need to get info
unless you want to do a search on honda-acura.net
some one did it, but it might not be worth it for you
if you can just swap in a long block from a 5th gen accord
or go for the h22, or get an older non vtec h22 out of an older prelude

theres no such thing as a non vtec h22.

preludes had an f22a1 sohc, dohc h23 non vtec, or an h22 vtec. get it right, i hate it when people spread false information on the internet.

and if you knew how to read, he asked about the h22 dohc vtec head, not an f22 sohc vtec,which would be totally pointless.

it's all good i miss read
no need to get so angry
excuse me for not being such a honda geek

Back