92 Dx Smokes???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah buy the ECU from Hmotors with the engine.. and it is a direct bolt on with no modification needed. You do have a manual trans, right?

yea the po8, forgot you will also need a 1 wire 02 sensor for the po8, but when i ordered my d15b vtec it came with one so no big deal, and yes its the easiest swap ever

Yes I have a 5 speed, i might even get the tranny with the engine though just so i know that they're both okay...idk but thanks again too you both for the help. Alright so i'm gonna get that motor with the p08 ecu, use it for a few months, then i wanna do the gsr motor/tranny swap an i'll just sell the d15 for a few hundred bucks. that seems like a good plan to me, either of you know anything about the gsr swap??? when i get closer to that i'll need to make a plan for everything before i start doing it.

Yes I have a 5 speed, i might even get the tranny with the engine though just so i know that they're both okay...idk but thanks again too you both for the help. Alright so i'm gonna get that motor with the p08 ecu, use it for a few months, then i wanna do the gsr motor/tranny swap an i'll just sell the d15 for a few hundred bucks. that seems like a good plan to me, either of you know anything about the gsr swap??? when i get closer to that i'll need to make a plan for everything before i start doing it.
yuppers the gsr is also very easy so just let us know when it comes time

x2 almost as easy as the D series swap.

Alright, well that makes me feel a little better too knowing that you both know about those also. =] hey thanks again guys, i'll be on here probably daily between now an then to read up an learn as much as i can about honda's in general, specifically my eg.

have a good night the both of you.

laters

It's basically the same as replacing the stock engine.. a repair manual should be all you need to complete the project.

alright, when you gonna do yours??? I was thinkin i'd do it probably at the end of this month or so... yes i'll take pic's an step by step an try to help out a few people on here, since everybody helps me maybe i can give a little somethin back to someone else. no problem man. =]

That would be AWESOME man. I'm doing my swap whenever my debit card arrives in the mail that I just signed up for (I'm 16 doing the swap in my highschool shop since that's the only access to tools I have) so here in the next week or so I'm ordering my goods :D. Swappin the engine, trans, and ecu but I STILL can't find out how to get the ecu out from the passenger kick panel I removed the kick panel and looked and I can't find any bolts.

Ya i'm 17, sadly my school doesn't have an auto shop. I wish it did. I work at an auto garage that is close to my house though, and they said i can use any tool they have, they have hydraulic lifts, an everything i'll need. Also after my swap i'm going to paint it, i get to paint it any color i want for just the cost of the paint because they trained me how to paint already. We work on mostly exotic cars, but when it gets slow we work on honda's an domestic cars. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can from hondaswap.com and my employers so that i know how to do all this by myself with out having to pay out the ass to have it done ya know??

Yea man I know exactly where you're coming from. I paid $500 to Pepboys just to have them look at my motor and tell me it would cost $1700 for a new D15B7 piece of SHIT motor then over $3,200 with labor included to swap it. That's when I came here 5 months ago and I've been saving and researching and asking questions here since then and now I'm pretty sure I could swap it myself. And it'll have to be by myself since all my dumbass shop teacher does is toss us a car and tell us what to fix then when we don't know what to do he sits on his ass and calls us morons and dumbasses...lmao. I would have told him how to do his job by now and talked shit if I didn't need his engine lift and car lift and the rest of his tools.

LMFAO, yes exactly!!!! Ya it's nice at my work, i can do anything i want with my car on my own time. And it's seriously less than a mile away from my house! So it's hella sweet. Stupid ass shop teacher, i'd beat his ass if i was you. lol lastyear, my junior year i got in 2 different fights with teachers, couple suspensions an they decided i shouldn't be in those classes anymore. ha...

teachers an administrators are retarded...

Beat his ass?? Dayum don't think I'd go that far I can't get locked up again. Haha but really after my swap he won't be calling me a moron anymore ;). It's pretty funny when dumbasses in the shop bring their cars up to do retarded mods and end up just standing around and looking at it as if it's gonna magically do it itself. This one dumbass brought in his 1950 chevy truck ugly POS with an AUTO trans and tried to install a tach...he ended up drilling through the wrong part of his dash and breaking the drill bit pissing off the teacher and losing all shop priveleges. Another guy spent over an hour just trying to get his ride on the car lift! I almost got kicked out for telling the shop teacher off once for being a lazy ass and not doing his job. I'll be sure to tell the school board/administration about him after I'm done with his tools ;).

Last edited:
Haha, last year a teacher got in my face an I punched him in the face it was after school at a wrestling tourney. 2 of my uncles came an grabbed me an carried me outside, i got suspended for 10 days and an expultion hearing... they're letting me stay if i don't get in any trouble between now and graduation...
haha

That would be AWESOME man. I'm doing my swap whenever my debit card arrives in the mail that I just signed up for (I'm 16 doing the swap in my highschool shop since that's the only access to tools I have) so here in the next week or so I'm ordering my goods :D. Swappin the engine, trans, and ecu but I STILL can't find out how to get the ecu out from the passenger kick panel I removed the kick panel and looked and I can't find any bolts.

if found the ecu theres 4 bolts to take out. two on each side of the ecu. all you have to do is take them out and unplug it

Redcivicsi do a write up on here with pictures :D:D. I'm about to do the same swap.

yes please do post some pictures... i have a 92 Civic CX Hatchback and i am about to do the same swap in about a month... my car smokes like crazy!!! please do post some pictures they would be really helpful if i get stuck!... im only 16 but i dont think that i will have any problems as my dad owns a bodyshop... and we employ a couple of honda gear heads... like they know a crap load about this stuff... but just incase pictures would be helpful...

alright i'll post pics. no problem guys. within the next month it'll be done i'm hopin. i could do it right now but since christmas is coming up i'm getting my bro an sis presents along with my gf an parents. so there goes my motor money for this month.... =\

Back