92 Dx Smokes???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes I have a 5 speed, i might even get the tranny with the engine though just so i know that they're both okay...idk but thanks again too you both for the help. Alright so i'm gonna get that motor with the p08 ecu, use it for a few months, then i wanna do the gsr motor/tranny swap an i'll just sell the d15 for a few hundred bucks. that seems like a good plan to me, either of you know anything about the gsr swap??? when i get closer to that i'll need to make a plan for everything before i start doing it.

DEFINATLY get the tranny, DX gearing sucks

A Z6 is another good option, and uses the 4 wire O2, and are more readily available.

just also for your info,,the d15b has almost 100% interchanging parts with usdm motors. and the d15b can also use the 4 wire o2 sensor as long as you use a p28 ecu

Yea I've been told there's 2 bolts on each side of the ecu so I removed the kick panel (which for some reason had a hole cut in it, the car was fucked with before I got it it's like the town whore) and I can see the black cover (right?) but I can't get under enough to find any bolts I'm gonna get a mirror and a flashlight and see if I can find them because there's just not enough room to get my head under there and see. Also do I really need to undo the srs like the manual says or is that not really an issue?

Yea I've been told there's 2 bolts on each side of the ecu so I removed the kick panel (which for some reason had a hole cut in it, the car was fucked with before I got it it's like the town whore) and I can see the black cover (right?) but I can't get under enough to find any bolts I'm gonna get a mirror and a flashlight and see if I can find them because there's just not enough room to get my head under there and see. Also do I really need to undo the srs like the manual says or is that not really an issue?

idk about the black cover your talking about. on mine when you pulled back the carpet you could see the ecu. there was a metal cover over the bottom part to hold it in. and if you put the seat back you should be able to stick your head in and see the bolts

It all depends on what engine management you have and the capability of the tuner..

Psi depends on the size of the turbo. Get a smaller one like a garrett t25 ball bearing or a turbonetics t3/t4. 6-8 psi is about right, but it's all in the tune. You gotta get it tuned it's not a good idea to just bolt it on you should chip your ecu (hondata recommended) or get a stand alone system to run turbo safely and properly. If you're gonna put the turbo kit on before you have proper management then keep it around 5-6 psi to be safe because the ecu won't read the turbo.

EDIT (for norcalgsr): Stock ECU's will NOT read turbos so don't run a turbo with the stock ecu!

Last edited:
Alright. How much do you think it will cost to tune it??? Average..

Psi depends on the size of the turbo. Get a smaller one like a garrett t25 ball bearing or a turbonetics t3/t4. 6-8 psi is about right, but it's all in the tune. You gotta get it tuned it's not a good idea to just bolt it on you should chip your ecu (hondata recommended) or get a stand alone system to run turbo safely and properly. If you're gonna put the turbo kit on before you have proper management then keep it around 5-6 psi to be safe because the ecu won't read the turbo.

You should never install a turbo kit without proper engine management regardless of what amount of boost you're running.. that's a very bad idea. And it's definitely not safe to do something like that. Please don't post things like that you could be the cause of someone blowing their engine due to misinformation (I fucking hate misinformation) :nutkick:

I said IF he was gonna do that I didn't tell him to :D. Sorry tho

Oh ofcourse i'd want to have all that proper stuff to do it first. i'd get the full turbonics kit t3/t4 an have all the safety stuff put in along with it. :) thanks for lookin out

Just be careful how you word things because someone reading that post would think it was safe to run boost on a stock ECU based on the way you wrote it..

The best option I would think is the AEM standalone but that's about $1,000. That's what I'm getting before my turbo set up.

By the way norcal I edited that post about the turbo ;)

AEM EMS would definitely work.. for a more cost effective solution a P28 chipped and tuned with Crome/Hondata/etc. would be fine.

Back