93 hatch SI. changed rear calipers now brakes on don't stop. HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deadbunny

As the title says. I changed my rear calipers and now my brakes are stopping mostly on the passenger rear. The proportioning of the brakes were fine before I changed the rear calipers. Iv bleed the hell out of the system. Iv use multiple bleed order such as Right rear, Left front, Left rear, Right front and bleeding from furthest to closest to the master cylinder.

The only inconsistency I see is that when I bleed the rear right, more fluid comes out than the rear left.

UPDATE!!

just took off the rear drivers side caliper to fiddle around with it. screwed the plunger in and out and now the pedal doesn't go all the way to the floor. still stopping mainly on the rears. Anyone ever heard of having to proportion the rear calipers at calipers them selves?

Ya no kidding. I sold this car sooooooooo long ago. Just for the sake of posterity I didn't crank down on the E-brake to set the rear brakes before bleeding then. That was the problem.

Back