93 lx sedan to 96 LS disc conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok heres the scoop. i have a 93 lx sedan that has drums on the rear. i just bought rear trailing arms and rear disc brakes off a 96 integra LS. i also have the 40/40 proportioning valve of a 95 integra RS. the main thing i need to know is do i or should i change out the brake booster and master when i do the swap? i have done this before of a 94 dx sedan but i didnt change out the porp valve or booster or master and due to super weak brakes i wreaked the car in rush hour trafic but this time im going to do a hella lot more research before go ahead with this conversion. i keep hear and reading about this 15/16 stuff or something along those lines. which comfuses me what does it stand for and is it important?

I went with an integra brake booster and 15/16ths master cylinder on my current brake setup. It's much stronger than with the stock booster and master cyl. 15/16ths is the size of the piston inside the master cylinder in inches. (15/16th's = most tegs, 7/8ths and smaller are most civics)The larger that piston is, the more pressure in the brake lines given some pedal input. I am actually using a 1" master cyl. off of an abs gsr sedan. Those are hard to find - I got super lucky.

I ran a 15/16 master with the Integra booster. It's much easier to swap the pair as a whole. If you want to keep your Civic booster, you have to find the 90-91 Civic EX master cylinder if I remember correctly.

The larger master cylinder is definitely worth the upgrade.

ok so i do need to change the booster and master then for this to work 100%. would a master and booster off a 95 integra RS work?

It will work, however you will most likely have to modify the hard lines from the prop valve to the master cly. so everything mates up. Pick up a flaring tool and start practicing.

well i was able to score a master off a 90-91 EX from a junk yard that wasnt leaking and looks almost brand new. so well see how things go in a few weeks after i get some d/s rotors for the front and slotted for the rear. then it will be on like donkey kong.

Very nice! Swapping the booster isn't horrible, but it's not something you want to do if you don't have to. It's not easy to get to under the dash. With the EX master, you should be able to bolt it right up to your current booster.

yeah i agree. i also picked up a front and rear swar bars along with when i got the EX master. so my lil civic is gonna feel alot different.

i've been looking for a good diy wright up on doing the rear disk conversion but haven't been able to find it yet could any one point me in the right direction please? i've got a 92 civic lx sedan 5sp

1. remove stock trailing arms, brake lines, emergency brake cable (leave all dangling arms attached to the car)
2. install new trailing arms, brake lines, emergency brake cable
3. take car to alignment shop

lmao yeah nice write up alright but i was looking for more specifics lol like im guessing just take the stuff from the same yrs 92-95 ex or si and what about the proportioning valve, master cylinder if those need to be changed or do i need the e brake cable from the ex/si or will mine work. reason im looking for a good wright up so any link would be helpful or any info really lol

Seriously- more specifics than that would be the torque values out of the service manual, which you really should have if you're doing major surgery to your car.

Yes, you need the e-brake cable from the rear disc car. That's why it was in my quickie directions.

You don't have to change the master cylinder, booster or proportioning valve, but it's not a bad idea. You can always swap them out later if you want to.

so all the old brake lines/hoses match right up? and then just buy the pads and rotors for the ex/si and done? pretty simple compared to the accord lol

Back