94 Lude - Which motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gs1026

I am new here so hello to everyone and thanx for taking time read and answer.

I presently have a 94 prelude, it has the non vtec motor and 5 speed tranny. I love the damm thing, it is fun to drive except it does not have enough power. Many have said its not worth throwing $$ into it but on the flip side I dont have car payments and dont want one, and again - I love driving this thing. So I started looking into the H22 motor that would bolt right up, but I also saw the euro f20 motor. Which would be better? Aside from displacement, the power numbers are very close, the H22 does have more torque, but the F20 has iron sleeves so if down the road I want to boost the thing this would be better. If I go all motor, I know I can get the nippon piston kit with rods and head studs that would raise the compression to 11:1 or 11:5, if I did that and a few other mods what kind of power would I see?

The tranny and wire loom is the next question, tranny;would it bolt up to these motors? or should I look for a LSD tranny and if I did, would it bolt right up? wire loom; do I need to swap to the loom from the the other motor?

Again thanx for your time

swap h22 head on h23 block and wire it up for vtec. would give you a little more power. IMHO if you want more power look at going turbo. Also for the transmission get the LSD it will improve the performance a ton. Power dosent mean anything if you cant get it to the ground.

So I guessing the motor in my car is the H23, and the h22 vtec head would bolt right up, just need to wire loom and computer from h22 motor.

I really want to stay away from turbo (even though I really love boost :D) - are there any good pistons for my block, raise the compression to about 11:5

I just went under the hood to see what engine is in there, f22a1 is stamped on it. So now the question is which head to use; f20 vtec or h22?

Ok
I wondered around online a little and found that the h22 head will bolt up to the f22 block, so the next question is; if I use that setup and shove 11:5 pistons in there what kind of power would I be looking at?

Back