94' Si H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mortalidiot

Okay so I picked up my car for 3000 and its pretty damn clean. The only thing that bugs me is all of the wires...must be the ocd inside of me. I know what things are to an extent, but I want to learn more. The issue at hand now is that I need to pass smog. My CEL will come on I believe it is the O2 sensor as sometimes it will cut out and lose all power like it is unresponsive. Afterwards I will smell a rich fuel smell. Does anyone have any ideas towards my problem and passing smog I plan to go get it tested soon to see how bad I fail.
I think my car is obd2 is what someone told me, but if someone could help me as for a way to clarify this it would be awesome. There is a leak somewhere to my slave cylinder. And the taped together wires from the swap bug me. How would i go about it to make sure the wires are all tucked away? Would I have to buy a new harness and go to each individual plug in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

kinda hard to read your post. pictures would help with online diagnosis.

94=obd1 unless someone went to the trouble to convert to obd2 (highly doubtful)

You need to pull that CEL before we start talking about what's wrong with your car. Dive head first (literally) into the drivers side floor board (bring a flash light). Behind the area where the radio is there is a blue plug with 2 (maybe 3) wires. Pull that plug out of what it's connected to and then jump the outside pins with a paper clip or piece of wire.

After that put your key in the ignition and turn it to the II position (on but not running).

You'll see the check engine light start to blink. Count the blinks, there will be one, maybe 2 sets of them followed by a long pause, then repeated.

So if you have a bad fuel injector it will do the following:

blink...blink blink blink blink blink blink.................blink...blink blink blink blink blink blink (16)

After you've pulled the code come back and let us know where you stand.

I hope its not something serious the guy said it was the O2 sensor when I bought it, but we shall see. I appreciate it and will see what it is tomorrow. I understand my post was kind of hard to read because I included so much info other than a standard problem. My bad on that one I have been here before but never had reason to respond on here until now so I guess thats my introduction to the forum.

it didnt blink or anything...=( i need to figure it out...i wish i could trade it for a tdi jetta

So, I guess it could be the fuel injectors...I don't know as the blue plug doesnt do anything to the cel...it only becomes unresponsive when i step on the gas sometimes and usually only does it when I have below half a tank of gas or lower. The CEL won't come on until im driving for a little while...

just a pondering thought but could my injectors possibly be getting hot because of the engine running lean...it could be possible if its the wrong ecu? since my cel wont blink the code i guess ill have to figure it out myself...i think itd be a lot easier if i could figure out how the middle cover around the radio comes off so i can see the wires behind there...

I am trading my car tomorrow for a 2000 chevy malibu ls I hope this is a good idea...

hahaha ok so im keeping it because through saying i would sell it i got some reliable help...his brother had an imported gsr 94 it was tight. So it turns out I don't have a plug to my fuel mapping sensors to the ecu or whatever it is...what do i connect it to? He gave me the right plug and it has 3 wires coming off of it where do i connect them?

You still haven't checked out that CEL...
Stop posting until you do that
Google "How to check CEL Prelude 94"
It'll work

I appreciate the help but I think I may have it now as I stated earlier or at least one of a few things... I followed reikoshea's instructions and it didn't do anything I guess I can buy a code reader hopefully autozone might have one?

if its a 94 i dont think (dont still have my lude to confirm) it has a spot to plug in a code reader. My instructions above are definitely how you check a CEL.

Okay so obviously you didn't take anybody's advice and are just posting for the sake of a lazy answer. Go spend your money and don't let us help. GOOGLE a fking picture-by-picture walkthrough of how to check ur own CELs (what I did) and go from there.

@ rei: there are obd1 scanners, which is what the 3pin plug goes into, but as far as I know only a Honda mechanic centre (like the ones attached to a dealer) has them. For Honda's anyways

Somewhere else I read that if it doesn't blink its throwing up more than one code... I think this could be the problem...I know my map sensor is one of them...I figured that out without anyone's help so go f*** urself u douche...excuse me for trying to learn more about my vehicle through a forum...Im willing to learn all I ask is that I be pointed in the right direction at least...:(

If you jump the wires, it'll either blink or the CEL will turn off completely notifying everything is a-o-k. When you say you have a CEL, Us(the forum) tell you to give us the code. Us(the forum) explain the basics of the ever-knowing "search function." Considering this question has been asked before, if you get the CEL code, we can go from there. Refrain form posting any more "douche" comments, we are here to help. Just LISTEN.

Well sorry for my vulgarity, but u came at me in such a way all i could do was defend myself. I guess its not working properly the plug was already detached from what it was plugged into I put 2 safety pins in the holes from the plug and nothing...

U need to jump the two prong; the 3prong is for an electric reader, the twoprong connects to the cel on ur dash...

How do I check if my TPS is broken with my map sensor plugged in my car will sometimes idle at 2000 rpms and then it will drop down after a bit and then repeats but if it is unplugged it hesitates and sometimes cuts out and gas leaks out the exhaust...so its running way to rich without it plugged in but when its plugged in it idles weird...

Back