95 civic b18b swap Starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can u physically see that ur timing belt is on? reason i ask is cus recently my water pump let go and the timing belt came off but i couldnt see it and i also tried cranking the engine over for a while til i realized what had happened

ok i think it is really badly flooded cause i had it sputter couple times and smelt like fuel

nothin seems to be working it was sputtering now its just cranking again. im getting sick of trying to get it started tried everything and still no fire so if it dont start today im just getting rid of it

OP.....you never spoke of you checking, double checking and triple checking your grounds.

Through my time on this site.....grounds end up being a problem a lot

ok i think i figured it out the fuel pump is pumping but nnot enough to keep it running. my dad ppoured gas into the throttle body as i cranked and she ran till it used up the little he put in

I told you to try using starting fluid... Now pull up the back seat and take the fuel pump cover off and check and make sure the wiring is ok around the fuel pump...

I had a ridgeline at work a couple of weeks ago that didn't have fuel pressure, after removing the rear seat to check wiring the fuel pump suddenly started working. I jostled the ground wire when I removed the rear seat. the bolt holding the ground wire on to the frame, was loose enough to turn by hand. Point is check your wiring including grounds. A brand new fuel pump won't work if it dosen't get power and ground. Verify power at pump connector, PCM only sends power for three seconds when key is first turned on. Then verify ground side by measuring resistance between connector and known good ground.

i had a ridgeline at work a couple of weeks ago that didn't have fuel pressure, after removing the rear seat to check wiring the fuel pump suddenly started working. I jostled the ground wire when i removed the rear seat. The bolt holding the ground wire on to the frame, was loose enough to turn by hand. Point is check your wiring including grounds. A brand new fuel pump won't work if it dosen't get power and ground. Verify power at pump connector, pcm only sends power for three seconds when key is first turned on. Then verify ground side by measuring resistance between connector and known good ground.

*claps feet*

what year integra was the engine from because i know some of the older integras use injectors that require a resisstor box and the 3rd gen integras dont require a ressistor box. and without the ressistor box the car will do the same thing so if when the new fuel pump goes in and it still doesnt work I'd check the injectors

i put a new pump in now it sputters when trying to start but doesnt start. i pour gas in the throttle body it runs till it uses it up

Back