96 B18C1 into a 92 DX w/ D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec25

i have a working d16z6 swap the prevouis owners did. looked at every post on here and i know i'll need to change the Distributor and fuel injectors. but my questions are

1. Can i use the harness i have now??
2. Can i use the D16Z6 injectors?? If not which engine should i get them from??
3. Can i use my existing motor mounts??
4. Can i use the axles from an LS??

Thank You in advance

1. Yes (but you'll have to change the plugs, or get OBD I parts), or you can use a 96+ USDM Integra harness.

2. Why do you think you'll need to change injectors? You'd only need to if you were using your harness, and then you'd need to swap for an OBD I distributor or at least repin a OBD I plug onto the OBD II dist.

3. A combination of those and the Integra mount will be used.

4. Yes.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 18 2004, 04:28 AM
1. Yes (but you'll have to change the plugs, or get OBD I parts), or you can use a 96+ USDM Integra harness.

2. Why do you think you'll need to change injectors? You'd only need to if you were using your harness, and then you'd need to swap for an OBD I distributor or at least repin a OBD I plug onto the OBD II dist.

3. A combination of those and the Integra mount will be used.

4. Yes.
[post=404033]Quoted post[/post]​

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Just one more question that i'm lost on. For 2 Do u mean that if i use a 96+ harness i dont have to change the distributor and injectors???

Correct. The reason you'd have to change plugs when using the D16Z6 harness or other OBD I harness is that the OBD II plugs are different.

Luckily the OBD I/II/IIa Integra harness plugs right into 5th gen Civic shock towers, so you can use the correct harness for the Integra motor, and plug it into you Civic.

Back