97 ek w/ JDM GSR swap, Vibrations???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Christ dude, create your own fucking thread :ban:

:cockblocked:

all jokes aside, .. he was just asking if i knew anything or could help.

heres the latest news.. i think i have RESOLVED the issue.:worthyp:

The problem (or so i have been told) is that the axles i got sent, yes they were NEW... but they are not OEM.

what's the difference you ask??

OEM axles have the rubber dampers on them, aftermarket (99% of them at least) do NOT have the damper..

i took my car around to 6 shops today.. 5 of them had their heads up their asses and had NO clue.. said it was a loose mount.. i told them to check them.. they did.. all spec'd EXACTLY as they should be. the last and final shop i took it to had PERFECT knowledge of what was going on.:eek:

i walked in, he said take me for a ride, i got 2 blocks away and he said pull over.. i did, he looked under the car and said.. you need OEM axles dude... they explained it to me what the diff was, and showed me a set... And now i have some on the way to me :D

ill let you all know if this solves the issue. Im getting a set of used OEM ones.. i pray they are in OK condition.. if not.. good cores at least LOL.. or i can maybe slide the dampers off and put em on my new axles :confused:

Thanks for the info. I'll wait til you change yours and see what happens. I'm new to the whole computer thing and I don't know how to post my own thread yet or for that matter do i need to because over half my questions already answered in this one. Tell CHAZ to F*** OFF and if I ever see her I will put BURNOUT MARKS marks across her chest! Anyway thanks again!

I'm new to the whole computer thing and I don't know how to post my own thread yet or for that matter do i need to because over half my questions already answered in this one. Tell CHAZ to F*** OFF and if I ever see her I will put BURNOUT MARKS marks across her chest! Anyway thanks again!

You're new to the "whole computer thing"? Dude, it's 200-fucking-8. If you don't know how to operate a computer at this point you're a fucking retard...

And how is this new thread thing so hard for noobs to understand? Go to a forum, look at the list of threads, click the "new thread" button, and then ask your question. Is that so difficult?

Thanks for the info. I'll wait til you change yours and see what happens. I'm new to the whole computer thing and I don't know how to post my own thread yet or for that matter do i need to because over half my questions already answered in this one. Tell CHAZ to F*** OFF and if I ever see her I will put BURNOUT MARKS marks across her chest! Anyway thanks again!

Don't tell me to fuck off you pathetic fucking noob. You think you're some stupid internet tough guy huh, GET THE FUCK OUT.

Solved!!!!!!

ok finally, i get to :toot: my own horn a little!

OK fellow HondaSwap'ers.. after a couple months now, i FINALLY came to a conclusion and resolved the issue of the mysterious vibration.

quick recap.. i was getting vibrations while driving my car. it occured when the tranny was ONLY in gear and i was pressing on the gas slightly or more. it was barely feelable in first but obvious in 2nd-5th. after lots of debate, visiting 3 local shops.. i got NOTHING for answers but mounts, bearings, and someone once said axles but didnt give me a specific.

so i took my car to a local shop ( Speed Factory ) in Tacoma WA, and within me telling him what was going on for about 45 seconds, he said to take him for a quick ride, we did and instantly he told me he wanted to look under the car. he said it was the axles...

Apparently, when i got my swap from Hmotorsonline, they sold me NEW axles. well the NEW axles are not OEM axles..

OEM axles have dampers mounted on them and are a little shorter in length.
Aftermarket ones (shucks, napa, autozone w/e...) DO NOT have dampers.

so i bought a set for less then $100 on ebay, swapped them in and BAM no more vibrations. to verify it, i took it on the freeway. nothing, took it up to 100... nothing, 140... NOTHING. i have had the biggest shit eating grin on my face all day since! :D

Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated!
if anyone thinks its wise, ill make a new post in the swap articles about specifically useing OEM axles on swaps to avoid vibrations.

:ph34r:finaly, something i can provide to be useful on here :eek:

Back