98 honda prelude first time EVER being a tuner guy someone help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but thats bmw type of shit you're talking bout the kit and then the trans cost way more than 6ix thousand, that new lancer has it, thats known as clutch less tansmission now thats the shit

Those are paddles. Paddle shifters are still automatics. It's just another way to actuate the gear selection.

The crux of the design is that it hasn't changed the actual transmission at all. It's just how the gears are selected.

Nothing has changed with the transmission. And the Lancer trans is just an automatic.

So yeah, he disconnected the vacuum lines from the shifter for the trans. You can't do that with a honda transmission. It won't improve your top speed (... and.. I don't think this little vacuum-3-card-monte he did with your Impala did either).

So this Prelude of yours in automatic ? This plays into your decision of the future. What are your plans with this ?

yes its auto trans i plan to add gear pedals in the steerin wheel soon, juss like formala 1 status man. my uncle who did it for me for FREE is out of town doing trans work on a car being built for a small tv show, he really is showing me the ropes of this trans shit, im fina call his ass and ask him a couple of questions, you have any you need answered bout trans work

to Be Honest I Really Dont Know Someguy Told Me I Brought The Top Of The Line Prelude With 2.2 Liter Some Shit Like That. Ummm Dohc And Sohc You Lost Me Completly

holy hell you are lost... have you looked under the hood? read the owners manual? jesus tell you what you won't get too much interest in the form of help unless you make some effort to learn by searching and reading...

:search:

Hahahah... no... no, I'll pass. I'm good, thanks. But while you got him on the phone ask him how his perpetual motion machine is coming.

Tell him I said hi.

lol thats crazy if only he could build a trans that will shift on and on it would be nice. no telling he might come up wit some shit like that. it took him a week to do mines. thats like 3 hours a day. i guess you tryna break some laws of energy... huh unlimited energy hahahaha now thats funny. 7 speed trans is what he's building right now.

:bullshit:

is this really, i mean, are you just getting a rise out of this forum? i can't believe how patient celerity is being... man you get your kicks from funny places... :)

holy hell you are lost... have you looked under the hood? read the owners manual? jesus tell you what you won't get too much interest in the form of help unless you make some effort to learn by searching and reading...

:search:

that was nice advice juss you're two hours too late lol dont feel like you're advice didnt go un-notice and yes you are a retard in case you didt kno senior member, the others have helped but umm you jump head first into this conversation juss strap on you're little helmet and safety and i promised the big word wont hurt cha wee little brain dont take it personal i only think more than you do...

yeah i sometimes rush through threads... there are a lot out there with this same vibe. and i didn't realize that search thing said 'retard'. but on a serious note, it just seems like you are rushing in to something that should not be rushed. if you really want to enjoy this honda you should aim towards a wholistic improvement, but i guess that is my personal take on life...

Yeah, ok the abuse is out of hand.

I'm done.

Also GAZs, URALS and Chaikas have had 7 speed autos in them since 1948. The Russians also have upwards of 6 rotary engines, producing well over 1000 hp and running off of any fuel.

It's all been done. But after your little explosion with some members, I'm done.

black_night I have a question.

Did YOU come from building domestics or does your dad/uncle build domestics FOR you? Don't take this the wrong way, but depending on your answer I can give you some advice to make that prelude faster. And you still haven't answered whether it's a dohc or an sohc.

Did YOU come from building domestics or does your dad/uncle build domestics FOR you? Don't take this the wrong way, but depending on your answer I can give you some advice to make that prelude faster. And you still haven't answered whether it's a dohc or an sohc.

Just FYI, there was no single-cam Prelude after 96. All of the 97-01 models have an H22.

my bad civic racer its cold as hell outside i didt wanna go outside but i juss snagged an intake from an friend of mines, dac air intake heres a picture below

its a dohc 2.2 liter type sh model

PreludeEngine.jpg

That's a nice clean ride. I wish my 93' Civic in my avatar was even half that clean. Aint even gonna worry about it til I get my swap all done with and all the problems taken care of.

not true. they had the h23 as well.

Are you sure about that? I thought that all 97-01 Ludes had H22s, at least the US models anyway. You could choose between the base model and the "SH", but they still both had H22s as far as a I know...

Back