A-Arm Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
Car: 1991 CRX

When I first got my car I was stupid and bought some ebay sleeve coil overs, dumped it to far and kinda screwed up one of my A-Arms.

Im curious to know if there are any aftermarket A-Arms for the CRX and what the benifits would be. Would the ball joints be constucted better in an aftermarket unit? I have already got the price for the stock unit from Majestic. From them it would be about 100 bucks each including s&h. Any input is greatly apprciated.

I don't remember ever seeing aftermarket lower control arms for your car, but the ones that are on the market are generally 92-95 and 96-00 setups. The aftermarket pieces usually run between $150-250 for a set, and give you lighter weight, stiffer bushings (ball joints are rare, and NOT OEM) and stiffer material in the casting.

Calesta, sounds like your thinking rear LCA's... A arms in this case are the upper wishbones on the front suspension (I'm guessing again).

The don't make em for the ED chassis that I've found, but some have used the 92-95 Civic ones and had luck. I wouldn't go that route. How did you screw up the a arm? Is it tweaked or bent? If not, just replace the control arm with a nice adjustable one,a nd roll out. I used SPC Performance's extreme models on my car. I love em.

Back