A Scary Thought

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah no shit... I was about to flame the fuck out of gupta here- all those statements are an insult to anyone with a technical education.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 12 2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah no shit... I was about to flame the fuck out of gupta here- all those statements are an insult to anyone with a technical education.

:werd:
I was ready to stay at work all night reaming him out. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Mar 12 2003, 05:30 PM-->
@Mar 12 2003, 04:27 PM

Damn straight. I think I've got a pretty good handle on how our oil supplies look, and what alternate energy sources are being researched and used... especially since I happen to work deep in the oil industry.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 12 2003, 06:39 PM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 12 2003, 05:30 PM
Calesta
@Mar 12 2003, 04:27 PM

Damn straight. I think I've got a pretty good handle on how our oil supplies look, and what alternate energy sources are being researched and used... especially since I happen to work deep in the oil industry.

:lol:

hehe =)

Sarcasm on the internet .. pfff ... a dying fad. Though, let it be known, tree's don't burn and cause hydrogen, they burn and cause .. "carbon."

(Another one of those nuclear explosion chemicals ;) LOL. Stupid CO2 .. lol. I'm waiting for that thread to start)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 9 2003, 11:55 PM
Yeah really. Look at us here at hondaswap. I bet the worst economy on a car here is still above 15mpg. So many people commute like 100 per day and get like 12mpg. That is where it is going. Honda's own v8's.

shit i drive a gas guzzler on a regular basis... my escalade sucks way too much gas

but thats why im getting my civic registered again, cause im tired of driving the truck =/

OK physics question here*********************
Dry ice, also known as frozen carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide is a gas, solid and gas state, no liquid.
I want frozen oxygen.
Is there such thing? Can I make it? One of you smart guys give me some insight. Thanks.

Oxygen: O2
Carbon Dioxide: CO2 (Small 2s that hang down....)

Its possible.. If theres enough pressure, and its cold enough

gotta be pretty damn cold if you want frozen oxygen

There is such thing as liquid oxygen..... Medical bs.. or something..

Oxygen becomes a liquid when its temperature reaches about 300 degrees Fahrenheit below zero

or in regular terms..... really fucking cold

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 13 2003, 10:10 PM
do you know the temperature of liquid 02?

no, but my guess is around in the negative thousands
just remember, celcius revolves around water. at 0 celcius, water freezes, at 100, it boils.

Heres a page .... on this
LIQUID O2

was that even english?
Nah, it made some kind of sense, but what I don't understand is that carbon dioxide is a gas, oxygen is a gas, you can freeze carbon dioxide and it can stay frozen for 48 hours? What's up? If you guys can't answer this, I understand, this is a Honda board, and this is a tough question.

not everything can exist in all forms (ie: solid, liquid, gas)
CO2 for instance is never a liquid it changes directly from soild to gas

I think thats refering to the transition of atoms.. and yes, nothing can jump right from solid to a gas. its gradual

Let me put it this way:
the oxygen you are breathing right now is in a gas form. that means, its not only too hot for oxygen too be a solid, there is also not enough pressure.. pressure is an important factor.
you know why clouds don't turn into ice cubes and crush the entire world?

Back