A Scary Thought

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 14 2003, 11:20 AM
I read an article that says there is still thousands if not millions of untapped oil resources. Hell there is still parts of the world man has yet to discover.

Yup. That's what I was trying to say earlier in the thread. We're only drilling in shallow areas now, and nowhere out in the deep sea areas (relatively). There's TONS out there to be found.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Mar 11 2003, 09:48 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Mar 10 2003, 03:25 PM
I know a bit about hydrogen fuel, and normal internal combustion engines won't be able to be modified to run on hydrogen.

That's how I thought hydrogen cars would work the first time I had heard about them... Some sort of combustion engine that ignites the hydrogen to provide power the way current engines do, not just to charge a battery and turn an electric motor. I'd love to see something like that.

Hate bringing up an old thread, but just found this on slashdot and it fits what I was talking about here. :) About adding hydrogen to the combustion chambers, using less fuel and improving emissions. Does this look doable or like a crock?

http://www.osti.gov/fcvt/2000-01-2206.pdf

about the fuel crisis.... the continental US alone has enough resources to keep us going for the suggested 25-50 years, not to mention Alaska, asia, siberia, and like stated before the deep waters...... if were allowed to and fossil fuels weren't up'd by alt. power(highly unlikely) we could have our traditional cars for atleast 500 more years(imo) but hey we wont know cause it wont drag out that long...... :blink:

all this chemistry and math shit bores the fuck out of me.

there is NO room alloted for self expression that can be easily
understood by the common layperson....

thank GOD for subjects like english and philosophy

this stuff is not that hard to understand and this is where cars are headed. Hell, all this shit just may spark a new idea, you go in your garage, make some crude engine out of x and y material and you just made your self a cool million. :)

You know a shit load about a conventional 4 stroke right? This is just the next step.

Back