Acura info needed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yomny

Im new to the acura/honda world i just got a 96 LS and well i've been looking around seraching but i need a site where i could inform myself, get basic facts and engine specs. Is there a VFAQ(visual frequently asked questions) or page with How to's? I need to educate myself about this car and all and any upgrades that are available. I know there's a difference between 96 and newer model bumpers or something like that. Well don't wanna make myself sound more like a noob. I need reference not swap info just basic info. Oh one more thing where can i get stock replacement parts besides the dealer, like the wiper blade motor, lights, etc. I need to remove my door panel how to? Thanks for your patience and any help provided. Thanks again.

Regards

Yomny M.

Originally posted by yomny@May 26 2004, 08:51 AM
Im new to the acura/honda world i just got a 96 LS and well i've been looking around seraching but i need a site where i could inform myself, get basic facts and engine specs. Is there a VFAQ(visual frequently asked questions) or page with How to's? I need to educate myself about this car and all and any upgrades that are available. I know there's a difference between 96 and newer model bumpers or something like that. Well don't wanna make myself sound more like a noob. I need reference not swap info just basic info. Oh one more thing where can i get stock replacement parts besides the dealer, like the wiper blade motor, lights, etc. I need to remove my door panel how to? Thanks for your patience and any help provided. Thanks again.

Regards

Yomny M.

- you need a helms manual (service manual) www.helminc.com
- you can find parts online from some dealer ex: www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
- you'll find some help in the reference and articles section of this forum
- otherwise just post your question in the proper section of the forum and I'm sure someone will help you out

:)

Here is a link for Acura parts online.

Genuine Acura Parts

Definitely pick up a helms. A chilton has helped too, but they are kinda confusing for some things, and are missing some information. But one would suit you for the simple stuff at least.

For your door panel, that is easy. There are screws around the perimeter of the panel. Just unscrew those, and a few screws supporting the door latch and handle, and then just pop it off.

For upgrades, google it up for integra performance parts. TONS of stuff.

acuraautomotiveparts.org pretty cheap... good guys

your engine:

B18B1
145 HP
1834cc's
PGMFI

a manual and internet access to here is all you need.

you've got questions
we've got answers

®

lol

For some reason i dont' get email notofications when you guys reply, i already went through my email settings and checked the box(had been checked) lets see. Thanks for all your replies now i need to know for the LS to hold 100-125 shot of nitrous i beleive i will need colder spark plugs and should i bump up the base fuel pressure? Also how would i go about retarding the timing. Is there a page where they show the procedure to check timing with a timing gun. Also what should be the compression in the b18b engine. Thank you

well i read the compression on the car is 9.2:1 i need to know the compression that's suppose to be read in a compression test (psi) Alsoif not nitrous what do you recommend i wanted turbo but it's money, nitrous sounds easy and good i've used it before on other cars and i know LS's have a good reputation to be strong motors, turbo i would like lower the compression maybe a bit, forged internals... and boost high, but is pricy. Ls vtec i have no idea or experience with that, but i would like to do it around how much is it?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2004, 10:55 AM
a manual and internet access to here is all you need.

you've got questions
we've got answers

®

lol

So true. I did my whole swap with knowledge from my Helms and the internet. The ONLY car work I had done before was changing oil...ONCE. My swap worked out just fine and I didn't have any help from other people (except to lift shit). Like b said, all you need is Helms and the internet. :D

Back