Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MRG719

Have a 91 with b18a1 needs crank pulley should i stay stock or go with the jdm pulley

In stock form it won't matter much. Get what you can get cheap. Now that I think about it, are they even different? IDK.

BTW, next time have a more descriptive title. It will help get the right people into your thread.

The jdm pulley eliminates ac and ps which i dont have anyway. Are there any cons to this kind of pulley.

Yeah the N1 pulley (the one i assume your refering to) isnt dampened and there have been claims that it can eat up your oil pump. I would just pick up an OE one from a junk yard.

If you decide to go aftermarket on the crank pulley, ensure that what you buy has a harmonic balancer/dampener. Unfortunately, there are very few that actually have this and when they do they will cost you. OEM may be your best bet, from a junk yard maybe. With out that dampener your crank won't last near as long as it could and it wreaks have on all of your other internals as well.

Back